Display Image Is Stretched (VGA to HDMI adpater)

Hello, I recently found a VGA monitor model number W2071d, I wanted to replace my current VGA monitor as I use it along with a VGA to HDMI adapter on my PC which is plugged straight into my motherboards HDMI output. I had no problems displaying anything on my other monitor until it suddenly just died out so I went and looked for a new one and came across the one I just mentioned, seems to power up just fine and no screen burn in and such but when I display something using it as a secondary display, the image is vert stretched. I tried messing around with the display settings and the Intel/Windows display settings but I haven't found a solution, changing the resolution other than the recommended 1280 x 1024 75hz just makes the screen flicker and says for me to put it at 1600 x 900 60hz, strange it being I can't use any other resolution setting other than 1280 x 1024 75hz. Can someone help me fix this or does it have to do with something with the VGA to HDMI adapter?

7 minutes ago, rickeo said:

That display you mentioned is a 1600x900 @ 60Hz according to HP.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03361036

That resolution and refresh rate do not work at all?

it does not, in display settings the recommended is 1280 x 1024, I can put them on resolutions lower than that but any higher than that it shows me the same stock error on the display

Well, the display is physically 1600x900 pixels so anything else is likely going to be an issue and stretched so that's a given. The adapter is likely playing a roll here. 

18 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Well, the display is physically 1600x900 pixels so anything else is likely going to be an issue and stretched so that's a given. The adapter is likely playing a roll here. 

I see. Well thank you anyways. I guess I'll just deal with it, I only really have discord up on it and thats about it.