Is this PC build ready to go

Alister_E

Budget (including currency): £4k

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Various Games, VR and 2D

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Mds8fP

Hi all,

Just wanted to verify this parts list works together just fine (don't worry about the monitors they're just on there as we looked at stuff. I am pretty savvy but wanted to double check for a friend before they pull the trigger (we've already had the discussion about GPU prices and the overall balance of the specs don't worry) purely concerned with if they will work together properly.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-MZ-V7S1T0BW-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B07MBQPQ62/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=samsung+evo+1tb+ssd&qid=1630949895&sr=8-2

Likely to be using this SSD with the build

Hi, edit for clarity, this post is purely about compatibility, feedback about value is neither helpful, or wanted.

Why do you need a Crosshair 8?

Why don't you put more money into solid state storage and get away from spinning disks?

I know you said to not mind the monitors, but do you really need TWO high refresh rate displays?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Yeah don't get spinning disks, if you need drives that are 2TB for some reason start of with a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive and upgrade in the future when it fills up.

7 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Why do you need a Crosshair 8?

Why don't you put more money into solid state storage and get away from spinning disks?

I know you said to not mind the monitors, but do you really need TWO high refresh rate displays?

Hi, did you read the post? As I said we've had this conversation and he is firm on these parts assuming they are fully compatible which is what I want to know. The monitors on the list aren't being ordered they are just on there as one we looked at and never removed.

Just now, AlisterManson said:

Hi, did you read the post? As I said we've had this conversation and he is firm on these parts assuming they are fully compatible which is what I want to know. The monitors on the list aren't being ordered they are just on there as one we looked at and never removed.

I did, however they don't line up well, and are going to render off to be waste of money. I feel that should be a voice of concern that is heard.

They do work, and PCPP will tell you that.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

4 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

Yeah don't get spinning disks, if you need drives that are 2TB for some reason start of with a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive and upgrade in the future when it fills up.

Hi, no. We're perfectly happy with the hard-drives and certainly aren't going to spend more than double on the solid state, as mentioned in the post we're using a SSD as well, which will be for the OS and core programs.

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

I did, however they don't line up well, and are going to render off to be waste of money. I feel that should be a voice of concern that is heard.

They do work, and PCPP will tell you that.

I'm glad that you're willing to help people in this way, but for me it's not relevant as I've already had that conversation with my friend and they're set on what they want. In my experience it's best to double check even after PCPP