Got quoted for $350 USD for my broken iPhone 11 (including screen replacement) - any other options? [pics]

I have a pretty banged up iPhone 11. 

Fell out of my pocket while driving my scooter - and it kept going for like 50 meters. 

Face ID won't work. 

SIM won't register. 

Display is broken. 

Bluetooth seems shady (but not sure). 

Such a bummer!!! 

Went to a mobile store, got a quote for $350. That's not worth it since I might as well get a used one. 

Are there any other options? DIY maybe (or too complicated?)? 

Thanks for the advice guys. 

iPhone11broken.jpg

iPhone11broken2.jpg

If it would have been screen only I'd say maaaaaybe (like big big big big maybe) try it yourself.

But since all is fucked basically and there is more than likely other internal damage I'd not do a diy repair.

Going used is an option too but they tend to go for more than 350 used. The advantage of having it professionally repaired too is that you basically end up with a "new" phone depending on what you tell em to do. Since they are having to most likely do a board replacement might as well ask for a nice fresh battery too.

Next time you could maybe try for a decent case on it? My phone has survived so much crap due to just having a good case and screen protector on it.

Can you take a picture of it with the display on?

if the Face ID sensors are intact, then you would be able to swap them over.

the sim may be something simple, like it being knocked out a bit. Try taking it out and putting it back jn

bluetooth is probably a damage of antenna or a antenna got unplugged on accident.

What I’d try to just getting a pry tool kit and taking off the display.

you could then see if there’s any more major damage to the logic board or whatever

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I think i will prescribe a heavy dose of louis rossman for you. Just so you can understand how annoying the situation really is on the backend and why maybe the next phone should be something beside apple.

20 minutes ago, emosun said:

I think i will prescribe a heavy dose of louis rossman for you. Just so you can understand how annoying the situation really is on the backend and why maybe the next phone should be something beside apple.

def getting tired the apple approach to devices. 

I'd take it to an Apple store and see how much they want. I'd skip non authorized repair shops as you'll lose Face ID functionality and stuff like TrueTone.

14 hours ago, emosun said:

Android phones are just as expensive to repair when you destroy the screen, front camera array and SIM reader.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20