Help. Looking for a CHEAP PCIE 2x M.2 NVME Raid controller

Im in a funny spot.  I have a friend who own a mildly successful small business.  Most of his computer parts are my leftovers, which does him fine.  He runs 1 computer as its only him at this store.  I'm moving, so I'm trying to set him up in a way that he'll have a little more redundancy in the even of a failure and I'm 750miles away...
I want to swap out the 1tb Spinning HDD for an SSD (actually 2)

And I'd like to setup them in a RAID using a PCIE raid controller that supports 2 onboard m.2 NVME drives.  
Issue... I can't find a raid controller like that for under $400...

I'm good with one thats around $100-150... I don't need anything fancy, but it does need to be hardware raid, so if one drive dies, i can have him remove it and keep going.  Then he can install a new drive and itll rebuild the raid....

This is NOT a backup solution, but just a way to keep him up and running in the even of a Drive Failure.. (AND to speed it up since the spinning disk makes me want to jump off a cliff)

I'm not having much luck finding a cheap card.  If anyone knows of one, please let me know... I'm even open to using SATA raid if i have too. :(

sata drives would be you best bet and at the lowest price.there is one card that i know of that dose traditional raid card that is from highpoint.

https://www.highpoint-tech.com/USA_new/nvme-storage-solution.htm

but they cost alot.

if its an amd system it might be supported by the motherboard and could achieve what your trying to do.

https://drivers.amd.com/relnotes/amd_nvme_sata_raid_quick_start_guide_for_windows_operating_systems.pdf