is raid between 2 ssds worth it?

adarw

i have 2 ssds should i do raid between them?

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

If you're doing regular large sequential read and writes, maybe. For general use, random read and writes can actually be worse, probs not worth it. (I presume you mean RAID0) - There's also potential of losing all data if one of the two drives die. I wouldn't care about this if there was a performance boost for say, a gaming drive or something, but there won't be.

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted
Cooled by a crap load of Noctua fans and Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT

29 minutes ago, cacoe said:

If you're doing regular large sequential read and writes, maybe. For general use, random read and writes can actually be worse, probs not worth it. (I presume you mean RAID0) - There's also potential of losing all data if one of the two drives die. I wouldn't care about this if there was a performance boost for say, a gaming drive or something, but there won't be.

alright thanks!

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

Well I got two arrays of SSD in RAID0 but it's mostly just for reducing the number of volumes. It's easier to manage 3 volumes than 5. For performance, hardly if even that.