Should i change to a Dream Machine Pro ?

Magnus33

Presently we have a custom built pfsense system which is plenty robust for the job .

It presently running a for two building one of which is a restaurant, security system  , cameras and so on.

At this point your asking why would he change if it works great?

I am the only IT guy and the rest of our staff is not tech inclined with the exception of one who has a basic understanding.

i am also going blind at the moment due to cataracts (not that old just real shitty luck) which normally is easily dealt with but elective surgeries are delayed a year and a half thanks to covid.

Give the fact i already have myopic degeneration this is going to make me blind faster then it normally would. (thanks for the eyesight dad)

If there a problems there no way i going to be able to explain to them how to do things in pfsense .

Uninfi seems to have a much more user friendly UI then pfsense and in some case it click here your done.

Thoughts?

No matter how simple they'll well fuck it up.

The real solution here is get another it guy.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

No matter how simple they'll well fuck it up.

The real solution here is get another it guy.

lol I am familer with that effect sadly. I Was think of the ability to easily remote control the device which would be handy if i have to fix what they fixed by putting my nose to the computer screen. Not the most dignified method of course but workable. Another IT person would be nice but these days that's like finding a non exploding gigabyte power supply.

Still i am not familer with the reliability or quarks of the unifi hardware.

4 minutes ago, Magnus33 said:

lol I am familer with that effect sadly. I Was think of the ability to easily remote control the device which would be handy if i have to fix what they fixed by putting my nose to the computer screen. Not the most dignified method of course but workable. Another IT person would be nice but these days that's like finding a non exploding gigabyte power supply.

Still i am not familer with the reliability or quarks of the unifi hardware.

it works quite well but you REALLY need to go full in to their platform to get the most out of it.