Heating house with asic miners

empessah

i currently have 3x Antminer S9 and 3x Antminer S15 running. During the summer i have them in the garage and they are all sitting in an unused doorjamb exhausting outside and it still is usually 10f hotter in the garage than it is outside. during the winter i will usually take 2x of the S9's and put them in my laundry room and point them to the hallway to warm the house and that sometimes is too hot so i just put them back in the garage. Also it gets so hot in the garage during summer i have to turn the S15's down from 30 th/s to 16 th/s because they overheat all the time at full power which sucks especially this year with the diff being so low all summer i was losing out on 45 th/s of speed i could had if it wasn't so damn hot.

I am a rare case however because i have 100% free electricity so i can run these miners no matter how the price and diff fluctuate. Also i live in the desert of CA so in the summer it gets to 115f outside and the winter it gets down to about 60f which is quite warm IMO ( i lived in AK for 4 years, so up there when it warmed up to 0f it was shorts and BBQ weather)

Just now, airborne spoon said:

i currently have 3x Antminer S9 and 3x Antminer S15 running. During the summer i have them in the garage and they are all sitting in an unused doorjamb exhausting outside and it still is usually 10f hotter in the garage than it is outside. during the winter i will usually take 2x of the S9's and put them in my laundry room and point them to the hallway to warm the house and that sometimes is too hot so i just put them back in the garage. Also it gets so hot in the garage during summer i have to turn the S15's down from 30 th/s to 16 th/s because they overheat all the time at full power which sucks especially this year with the diff being so low all summer i was losing out on 45 th/s of speed i could had if it wasn't so damn hot.

I am a rare case however because i have 100% free electricity so i can run these miners no matter how the price and diff fluctuate. Also i live in the desert of CA so in the summer it gets to 115f outside and the winter it gets down to about 60f which is quite warm IMO ( i lived in AK for 4 years, so up there when it warmed up to 0f it was shorts and BBQ weather)

Electricity isn’t free.  You’re just not the one paying for it.  Whoever is is going to regret that one I suspect. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Electricity isn’t free.  You’re just not the one paying for it.  Whoever is is going to regret that one I suspect. 

Yup it sucks to suck.

I live in a lease and part of the lease is free utilities and they cant do anything about it no matter how much power I use.

But don't feel sorry for them its a government contracted corporation, they get paid way too much, don't do shit, and the house sucks ass. So this is my way of sticking it to them.

7 minutes ago, airborne spoon said:

Yup it sucks to suck.

I live in a lease and part of the lease is free utilities and they cant do anything about it no matter how much power I use.

But don't feel sorry for them its a government contracted corporation, they get paid way too much, don't do shit, and the house sucks ass. So this is my way of sticking it to them.

They can quitclaim the house.  Pretty drastic though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

11 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Law offices are often rentals.  Makes me wonder who and how bills are being paid. 

He owns the building and has 3 businesses in it, he pays the bills. I think there's 2 or 3 other units he leases out but I don't know if they're occupied at the moment. I'll be taking a ride over in his plane later this month to detail it, haven't seen him in a few years. Plane isn't anything extravagant, just a Piper Archer of some kind. Saved him a bunch of time seeing cases in the city, flying is 2x faster than driving.

9 minutes ago, Bitter said:

He owns the building and has 3 businesses in it, he pays the bills. I think there's 2 or 3 other units he leases out but I don't know if they're occupied at the moment. I'll be taking a ride over in his plane later this month to detail it, haven't seen him in a few years. Plane isn't anything extravagant, just a Piper Archer of some kind. Saved him a bunch of time seeing cases in the city, flying is 2x faster than driving.

If he’s not renting it’s his thing then.  Small planes scare me personally.  Fly lower, more bumpy.  It’s summer though so icing won’t be an issue.  Upkeep on small planes is monstrous. Sounds like he’s doing well if he owns his building and a small aircraft.

8 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

If he’s not renting it’s his thing then.  Small planes scare me personally.  Fly lower, more bumpy.  It’s summer though so icing won’t be an issue.  Upkeep on small planes is monstrous. Sounds like he’s doing well if he owns his building and a small aircraft.

He's doing just fine lol. He only flys in good weather and has no shame about cancelling a flight or diverting. He won't risk his safety over anything dumb. I'm safer in his plane than I am walking on a sidewalk.