GoPro Hero 10 Black Leaked, Features Improved "custom" GP2-SoC

Cheeky Leo

GoPro is appearently about to annouce their new Hero 10 Black, which is said to feature an improved SoC, called "GP2". It is supposed to allow 5.3K 60 fps, 120 fps recording at 4K and 240 fps at a resolution of 2.7K. The camera resolution has been boosted from 20 to 23 MP. From the outside the action cam looks very similar to the previous model, the Hero 9. The branding, however, now is accented in blue.

Besides that, TimeWarp and Hypersmooth will also allegedly be improved, promising no need for a physical gimbal. It works by recording at a higher resolution and algorithmically cropping it to achieve accurate image stabilisation.

Summary

Infamous leaker Roland Quandt shares his leaks about the new GoPro Hero 10 Black. It features a new improved image processor.

Quotes

Durch den neuen GP2-Prozessor steigt wie erwähnt die Performance der Kamera. So gibt man für die neue GoPro Hero 10 Black an, dass Videos mit 5.3K-Auflösung mit 60 Bildern pro Sekunde möglich sind. 4K-Videos kann man mit bis zu 120 FPS aufnehmen.

DeepL translation as I am too lazy to do it myself:
The new GP2 processor increases the performance of the camera, as mentioned above. For the new GoPro Hero 10 Black, it is stated that videos with 5.3K resolution at 60 frames per second are possible. 4K videos can be recorded at up to 120 FPS.

My thoughts

I would love to see some improved video on action cams as they are rugged and very portable but when motion is very fast they always produce artefacts due to too low bitrates. They brand their SoC as custom but I would like to know more about it and if they actually designed it themselves, or if it is just a rebranded MediaTek or Qualcomm SoC.

Sources

WinFuture 

if they can't fix the crashing issuse with the 9 I don't see why anyone would want to own one. also good to see it didn't grow anymore

I hope DJI, insta360 and others make even better cameras. I miss when Yi made the best ones for like 150-200$

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Good news for me, i always buy 2nd hand ones that are relatively new when new models come out and everyone unnecessarily upgrades.