is this fine as my first PC with a small budget (only about 500-600)

ur_nan_lucas

Budget (including currency): 500-600

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft, maybe microsoft flight simulator?

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

image.thumb.png.c84c09c12dd3146d46beb7f07ff40cc8.png

25 minutes ago, ur_nan_lucas said:

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

You can always just copy the PCPP link over in the box pointed with orange arrow, or the BBCode over the button marked with red arrow.Screenshot_20210609-234711_Chrome.thumb.png.3c9a0cdab45f83604837463b88ff4952.png

Anyway, at 600 AUD its definitely a super hard stretch and imo spending the extra 100$ will give you a more upgradable PC.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-10400 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($269.00 @ Centre Com)
Motherboard: ASRock B460M Steel Legend Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($99.00 @ Centre Com)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2400 CL16 Memory  ($61.20 @ Device Deal)
Storage: Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($60.48 @ JW Computers)
Case: Deepcool MATREXX 40 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($45.00 @ BPC Technology)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.77 @ JW Computers)
Total: $609.45
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-27 13:14 AEST+1000

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Don't go with single channel RAM. You will cripple performance that way, especially with integrated graphics. If you can only afford 8GB of memory, then get a kit with a pair of 4GB modules.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

27 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Don't go with single channel RAM. You will cripple performance that way, especially with integrated graphics. If you can only afford 8GB of memory, then get a kit with a pair of 4GB modules.

yeah my friend told me that, so i added one with 2

Just now, ur_nan_lucas said:

yeah my friend told me that, so i added one with 2

and i got more then 250GB for the storage, i got two terabytes

1 hour ago, ur_nan_lucas said:

and i got more then 250GB for the storage, i got two terabytes

So you have old PC to boot? Then tell us, many part of old PCs can always be reused.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Microsoft flight sim is most likely no go for setup like this. Unless you are with single digits FPS.

GPU : RTX 3070 Gaming X TRIO | CPU : Ryzen 5 7600 \ COOLER : Deepcool AK620 | MOBO : ASUS TUF Gaming B650 Plus | RAM : Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 16GBx2 6200 MHz \ Storage : Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 1TB \ PSU : Corsair TX750M | CASE : Be Quite! Pure Base 500DX Black

4 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

So you have old PC to boot? Then tell us, many part of old PCs can always be reused.

Yep, if its still on a semi decent platform like lga 1156 or 1155 then with abit of upgrading it could be better than buying an entirely new pc, esp when the budget is low

If its lga 775 then best thing you can do is swap the mobo for a better one and stick a quad core xeon in it