Performance Hit on Kaby Lake with Windows 11?

I've heard that if Microsoft OK's a workaround and allows Win11 to be installed on 7th Gen Intel, there will be a performance hit.  Do we have any idea how MUCH of a performance degradation?  So far, my expensive OC'd water-cooled i7-7700k is waiting for me to stick the TPM in the MOBO and download the update.  But I want to know what I'm losing, as opposed to waiting until 2025 and just building a new PC (the system I'm referring to is a spare, only used on occasion for 1080 gaming).  Am I gonna lose 1-2%?  I'll do it now.  Am I gonna lose 35% of my performance?  I'll wait until Win10 reaches EOL, and go with a Ryzen 9 8900x.  Thanks for any input.

19 minutes ago, AsusMaximus said:

So far, my expensive OC'd water-cooled i7-7700k is waiting for me to stick the TPM in the MOBO and download the update

You don’t need a tpm, there’s a firmware on in the bios options.

you can install it now with workarounds and you have the same performance if not better than windows 10

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I tried it with a late 2016 Pentium CPU (I know, not amazing). I definitely noticed a performance drop, after doing benchmarks it was about 10-20% I believe. For a 7700K the difference would probably be smaller but still noticable.