Can't install minecraft for windows 10, on a windows 10 machine

Ja2016

Hi, I can't install minecraft for windows 10 even though I'm on a windows 10 machine. Also I have no idea if this is the right place to post this 馃檪

1001319772_Screenshot(217).png.5fd26d9d77470e8cb77c7fdbd7b5627a.png

Specs of the device you're trying to install it on?

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can.聽If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My聽PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

7 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Specs of the device you're trying to install it on?

Ryzen 5 3600

GTX 970

16gb ddr4 3200mhz CL19

Samsung 970 evo plus 250gb聽

MSI B550-a pro

Edit: Why would this impact anything?

Edited by Ja2016
Question

4 minutes ago, Ja2016 said:

Edit: Why would this impact anything?

Because if you don't meet the minimum specs to run the game the Microsoft Store just won't let you install it. Since you said nothing in your post to indicate whether you were using a high-end PC or a potato, the possibility had to be ruled out.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can.聽If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My聽PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

1 minute ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Because if you don't meet the minimum specs to run the game the Microsoft Store just won't let you install it. Since you said nothing in your post to indicate whether you were using a high-end PC or a potato, the possibility had to be ruled out.

ok okay, but I still can't install it 馃槙

2 minutes ago, Ja2016 said:

ok okay, but I still can't install it 馃槙

Try resetting the Microsoft store. Go into settings, select apps, and scroll down the list until you find the MS Store. Click on it, select advanced options, and then hit the reset button

-- My聽PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

Just now, WaggishOhio383 said:

Try resetting the Microsoft store. Go into settings, select apps, and scroll down the list until you find the MS Store. Click on it, select advanced options, and then hit the reset button

Already done that, first thing I did

You should include info in your posts. Like, WTF it does when you try to install it.

So far it appears to be聽 a PEBKAC error.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

1 minute ago, Slayerking92 said:

You should include info in your posts. Like, WTF it does when you try to install it.

So far it appears to be聽 a PEBKAC error.

That's the thing, I can't install it at all. The button that says install on my devices just leads to a page聽that comes up with no devices listed聽

4 minutes ago, Ja2016 said:

That's the thing, I can't install it at all. The button that says install on my devices just leads to a page聽that comes up with no devices listed聽

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-minecraft-on-my-devices/3cf03abc-de27-43a6-a7b3-1c651908011f

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

1 minute ago, Ja2016 said:

Ahhhh, thanks so much. Typing in聽WSReset.exe into CMD worked and its installing now! Again, thanks so much for the help

Okay wtf after loading it up that was LITEIRALLY THE FREE TRIAL WTFFFFFFFFFF

2 minutes ago, Ja2016 said:

Okay wtf after loading it up that was LITEIRALLY THE FREE TRIAL WTFFFFFFFFFF

Even though I bought the full version off cdkeys and it even comes up in my order history on the microsoft store, but i cant install the full version!!!!

3 minutes ago, Ja2016 said:

Even though I bought the full version off cdkeys and it even comes up in my order history on the microsoft store, but i cant install the full version!!!!

It says installed on the microsoft store (not trial installed), but on minecraft itself it says buy minecraft!??

1 hour ago, Ja2016 said:

Wait you bought a key from a grey market and are surprised you have issues? Heck the Microsoft store has issues by itself half the time.... Anyways, it's in your purchase history when you opened Minecraft did you sign into the same account? Or did you create a new user? I had an issue once where I didn't use the same account I made the purchase with.

Have you reached out to CDKeys?聽