Should have 2,200Read/2000Write but get 890Read/880Write (MB/s)

Mupik

Just received/plugged in/formatted my new Kingston A2000 m.2 nvme which was advertised as at least a minimum of 2000mb/s read and write speeds but I get under half of that, I have a H310M S2H motherboard with an i3 8100, my motherboard specs specify that it has a Gen2 X2 m.2 port, and that is somehow "Ultra-fast", are my speeds due to the fact of this specification, are they being limited? In the BIOS there was an option of Auto,Gen1,Gen2,Gen3 for something, it doesnt say SATA though but I set it to Gen3 but it had no impact on the speeds either, and yes I have ACHI enabled.

1 minute ago, Mupik said:

have a H310M S2H motherboard with an i3 8100, my motherboard specs specify that it has a Gen2 X2 m.2 port

Thats your problem. That gen 2 x2 port limits you to those speeds. You will need a higher tier chipset like b360 to get the full speeds of the ssd.

I woudln't bother upgrading though, the realworld speed different is basically nothing.

14 minutes ago, Mupik said:

Gen2 X2 m.2 port,

PCI-e Gen 2 is limited to a theoretical speed of 500MB/s per lane. x2 is double that. Being slightly lower than that is normal. As such, that's indeed your problem like @Electronics Wizardy said.

I don't know what the thing you see in the BIOS is, but Gigabyte is clear on this. Your m.2 is gen 2. No more than that. If it were possible to make it Gen3, you can bet Gigabyte would advertise it instead of simply saying "gen 2".

Even if you plug a fast drive in this, you will never get the benefits of the faster speed and you will already be limited to a theoretical maximum speed of 1000MB/s... Or about 890/880 MB/s in your case.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro