Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

A new Borderlands game, Borderlands: The Pre-sequel, is reportedly in development at 2K Australia.

GamePointsNow claims to have received word that the new entry in the Gearbox created shooter RPG series is slated for release on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

The site says it will take place in the five year gap between Borderlandsand Borderlands 2 and claims a 2014 release date is likely. A representative for 2K Games opted not to comment on the report when approached by CVG on Monday.

image_317657_460.jpgBORDERLANDS 2

Borderlands: The Pre-sequel is said to be set on the moon of Elpis and Hyperion's H-shaped moon base, with players assuming the role of one of four lieutenants seeking an alien artefact on behalf of Handsome Jack, the main antagonist of Borderlands 2.

The playable characters are reportedly Athena The Gladiator, Wilhelm The Enforcer, Nisha The Lawbringer and Fragtrap, a militarised claptrap. It's claimed that Athena is a melee focused character who wields a kinetic shield and plasma sword, while Wilhelm commands a shoulder-mounted cannon and drones.

Players will reportedly be able to use jetpacks to traverse environments and will have to loot oxygen in the form of OX -Kits.

Two new weapon types are also set to be introduced to the series' varied arsenal. Laser weapons will reportedly be joined by the Cryo class of guns, which enable players to freeze and shatter enemies.

While Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford expects to announce the studio's first next-gen project later this year, he said in March: "We are not working on Borderlands 3. That is unqualified. We have more to do in the franchise, but no there isn't a Borderlands 3.

"When you think of what Borderlands 3 should be, it should be massive," Pitchford added. "It should be bigger and better than Borderlands 2. It should carry forward the story. It's probably crazy multiplatform, depending on timing. It would have to be a next-gen game and a current-gen game, if it was coming at any time in the reasonably near future. We know we want it and we know it should exist, but we don't know what it is yet."

In December it was announced that Telltale Games is working on an episodic Borderlands spin-off called Tales From the Borderlands for next-gen platforms.

Story from ComputerAndVideoGames.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

My eyes. Dark text on night theme = dead eyes.

Ok, I was able to read it.

I always liked borderlands. The 2nd game was one if my favorites.

This game seems interesting though. As long as it's FPS and holds the core values, I'm happy.

It seems to follow the traditional borderlands style; 4 characters, each with a different play style. Pick one.

I will be buying this game no matter what. As longs as it's a shooter, preferably FPS, but I would consider a TPS as well.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

A new Borderlands game, Borderlands: The Pre-sequel, is reportedly in development at 2K Australia.

GamePointsNow claims to have received word that the new entry in the Gearbox created shooter RPG series is slated for release on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

No mention of the XB1 or PS4? I know Borderlands isn't exactly a graphically demanding title, but still...

I really want this. And I rarely get excited for games anymore.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I would like to see if they are improving their graphics and possibly some gameplay mechanics. If not, its a wait for Destiny!

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

I would like to see if they are improving their graphics and possibly some gameplay mechanics. If not, its a wait for Destiny!

I like Borderlands gaphics style.

I can't wait for this game.

I hope they release destiny for PC :D

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Not another one...Not a fan of the borderlands series.  Bit to...dunno how to describe it. It doesn't give me that sense of achievement.  I never died in the first one and have only played a small amount of the second.  

Eh, and can you pls not write in black.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I'm excited to see what happens.  Borderlands 2 was one of my favorite games.  Kinda surprising, since I really disliked the first and might not have even played the second if it didn't come free with my card.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

The text colour was changed to automatic shortly after posting. If it looks black then its not my issue.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

Completely Loved Borderlands 1 and 2 spent alot of time farming legandarys, and finished the game atleast 3 times.

Will Be intresting too see what they do with this title.

The graphics doesn't really need that much work. It's a different art style, which works, and isn't as graphically demanding. 

Borderlands is one game where I can safely say that the gameplay makes up for the less-intensive graphics. Usually, I prefer a good balance of all elements: graphics, gameplay, and story. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

meh i was never really into borderlands.. i played trough the sequel with my friends, but i wouldnt go back to it

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS