Motherboard pin

So I have a hp prebuilt pc, I got a good deal back then, I was very anxious to build my own pc back then, but yea nvm so now I wanna move the pc to another case with another power supply which I have bought (Seasonic 750W FOCUS GX-75) since the power supply in the prebuilt is a 180w, and I am scared the quality of it that one day it can deliver enough and kills my gpu cpu etc.

So my psu has a 20+4 motherboard pin which is quite standard for everything nowadays, but the motherboard I have HP Lincs 843b whit h370 chipset I think has only 4pin main power, I was thinking would it work if I got 24pin to 4pin adapter work as good or am I doomed and have to buy a another motherboard, mainly I wanted to save a little more money and when I bought a new motherboard I would  have bought an another cpu aswell, probably AMD one.

HP Desktop PCs - motherboard specifications, Berks | HP® Customer Support Here should be a picture which I got from google about the motherboard, I need to open my pc to check better

Here is another picture

HP Desktop PCs - motherboard specifications, Willow2 | HP® Customer Support  | Motherboard, Desktop pcs, Hp products I found but I don't really know if this is it, since this looks like a mini-itx or something like that.

4 minutes ago, Curioisman said:

So I have a hp prebuilt pc, I got a good deal back then, I was very anxious to build my own pc back then, but yea nvm so now I wanna move the pc to another case with another power supply which I have bought (Seasonic 750W FOCUS GX-75) since the power supply in the prebuilt is a 180w, and I am scared the quality of it that one day it can deliver enough and kills my gpu cpu etc.

So my psu has a 20+4 motherboard pin which is quite standard for everything nowadays, but the motherboard I have HP Lincs 843b whit h370 chipset I think has only 4pin main power, I was thinking would it work if I got 24pin to 4pin adapter work as good or am I doomed and have to buy a another motherboard, mainly I wanted to save a little more money and when I bought a new motherboard I would  have bought an another cpu aswell, probably AMD one.

HP Desktop PCs - motherboard specifications, Berks | HP® Customer Support Here should be a picture which I got from google about the motherboard, I need to open my pc to check better

Here is another picture

HP Desktop PCs - motherboard specifications, Willow2 | HP® Customer Support  | Motherboard, Desktop pcs, Hp products I found but I don't really know if this is it, since this looks like a mini-itx or something like that.

if it is the 1st one, you wont be able to transfer it to the other case with a different psu, if it is the 2nd one, you might be able to transfer it.

8 minutes ago, jaslion said:

What hp pc is this from? There is a huge chance it cannot be moved to a different case due to proprietary stuff being implemented.

It is a hp pavilion Gaming Desktop PC 690-0025no which used to have i3-8100 and gtx 1050, but I've upgraded it so far to i5-9400f and gtx 1650 and 16gb ram

So I did open up the pc and did not find a 24pin motherboard connector anywhere,

I did take some pictures (ye ik its dusty as hell) and I only found these 2 connectors, I think that one picture is for cpu power so idk if that matters, but under the gpu is 1 connector which does look like a 4pin connector

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-19 at 15.26.47.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-19 at 15.26.40.jpeg

There are adapter cables that convert ATX power supplies to work with those motherboards.

You have that 4 pin connector that powers the CPU which is probably the regular 4 pin CPU.

You have that other 4 pin connector which is probably similar or identical to a connector that powers the CPU.

You have that black rectangular connector which contains other wires that are normally present in the 24 pin atx connector.

Then you have the connector right under that black connector which may be the cable from the power supply fan - basically allowing the motherboard to control the power supply fan speed, and potentially other purpose as well.

Again... search ebay and other sites for  adapter cables

Example of such adapter cable : NO GUARANTEE IT WORKS WITH YOUR MOTHERBOARD, FIND ONE COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR MODEL

Link : https://www.ebay.com/itm/174216539249

image.png.f4bfaa735a6215c042bb49d18d289363.png

The above adapter has a tiny circuit board in the middle of the cable which boosts 5v stand-by present in the 24pin atx connector to 12v, because those HP motherboards have 12v stand-by instead of 5v stand-by.

Your motherboard may have different connectors, different pinouts. AGAIN, THIS CABLE I LINK ABOVE MAY NOT BE COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR MOTHERBOARD.  Don't blame me if you buy it and you damage the motherboard/cpu.

Ok so yeah not going to happen.

Board is non standard.

Cooler is mounted to the case in that one.

Psu is non standard and regular atx psu's don't work since this one uses a form of 12v only where adapter cables are not yet made for.

So basically it's stuck in this case with this exact hardware config for now.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Ok so yeah not going to happen.

Board is non standard.

Cooler is mounted to the case in that one.

Psu is non standard and regular atx psu's don't work since this one uses a form of 12v only where adapter cables are not yet made for.

So basically it's stuck in this case with this exact hardware config for now.

Yea I figured that too, I ordered a new motherboard for now and I guess I will upgrade gpu first then instead of CPU, I think i5-9400f is pretty okey for most parts

• 1 year later...

hey i own the same one but with a i5 8400 same psu i was afraid to upgrade the gpu cause the power supply was too low i wanted to know if you upgraded to a 1650  while it had the 180w psu or did you change it ?