Where to plug in my AiO NZXT Kraken X53

Hello people,

After hours of frustration with the Corsair H100X (I would not recomment buying it, the pump is quite loud and you can't change its RPM) I decided to buy the NZXT Kraken X53 after reading tons of postive reviews.

My motherboard has a CPU_FAN header and a CPU_OPT header.

The pump is powered by sata and connected to the computer via usb 2.0 internally, but it also has a 3 pin fan plug. This is to my knowledge just there so that the motherboard can see what RPM the pump working at, not to regulate it.

That's done through software.

My question is, where do I plug this thing into and where the fans. Do the fans plug into the cpufan header and the pumps pwm indicator thingy into cpu_opt or the other way around.

I'd be glad if anyone with a simular AiO could tell me how they did it.

Please, let's not get into a discussion about which AiO to pick. I've read billions of threads and I don't want my mind to change again. It took me very long to make a decision xD

Thanks in advance!

10 minutes ago, whyisluistaken said:

Hello people,

After hours of frustration with the Corsair H100X (I would not recomment buying it, the pump is quite loud and you can't change its RPM) I decided to buy the NZXT Kraken X53 after reading tons of postive reviews.

My motherboard has a CPU_FAN header and a CPU_OPT header.

The pump is powered by sata and connected to the computer via usb 2.0 internally, but it also has a 3 pin fan plug. This is to my knowledge just there so that the motherboard can see what RPM the pump working at, not to regulate it.

That's done through software.

My question is, where do I plug this thing into and where the fans. Do the fans plug into the cpufan header and the pumps pwm indicator thingy into cpu_opt or the other way around.

I'd be glad if anyone with a simular AiO could tell me how they did it.

Please, let's not get into a discussion about which AiO to pick. I've read billions of threads and I don't want my mind to change again. It took me very long to make a decision xD

Thanks in advance!

There should be a splitter included that has three 4-pin fan connectors and the end of it plugs into the cpu fan header. since there's two fans, you'd only need to use 2 of the 3 connectors that the splitter has. I have the same cooler and it was fairly easy to put in. Just took some time😅