CPU Over Temperature Error after replacing water cooling radiator fans

YonathanZ

Hi,

My PC has a Corsair water cooler for the CPU. The original fans were loud, so I replaced them with Noctua NF-P14s redux 900 fans. 

The original fans have 4 pins (PWM for RPM control) while the Noctua ones only have 3 pins.

When I turn my PC on, all the fans work though I get an error which says: 'CPU Over Temperature Error'.

I don't see how the CPU can overheat instantly, even if the fans were not working at all, so I assume it might have to do with the fact that it cannot communicate with the CPU fans.

Either way, I'd appreciate your help with this.

Thanks.

Have you connected the pump? If you dont connect your pump or its not working it will throttle almost instantly.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Well, I only disconnected the older 2 fans and connected the new ones. Everything else was untouched.

spacer.png

Is the pump connected to cpu header? Could be an error message just because of no fans connected there.

Also a bit weird move to buy 900rpm for rad. You can run 1500rpm fans slower too.

The USB cable that can be seen in the above photo is connected at the other end to a header on the motherboard called USB 1112, as can be seen here:

InkedIMG_0055_LI.thumb.jpg.298e73507fe4c8bf81ccb6b4ab2d38c3.jpg

As for the 900 rpm choice, that's due to a misleading listing on Amazon. They're listed the 900 rpm version as 'PWM' and the 1400 RPM version as 'no-PWM', while in reality none of them have PWM.