Case Issue

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello everyone,

3070ti EVGA GPU

Asus ROG Strix Dark Hero VIII ATX AM4  Motherboard

NZXT Kraken X63 CPU cooler

I have an issue with my Deepcool Matrexx 50 case. Both the motherboard and the AIO does not fit together in this case. anybody have a solution as to which other case i should get so that both motherboard and the AIO fit into the case?

Thanks,

3 minutes ago, tkitch said:

it doesn't fit on either front or top?  

it fits on the front, but then i would need to find another solution on how to mount fans on the top

I don't follow?  The case supports plenty of fans.

Also:  Quote people or tag @tkitch them if you want them to see the response.

Spoiler

Rather questionable board and cooler choice tbh, you could prob have gotten a 3080 if you ditched the board for a  cheaper one like the b550 tomahawk but ah well itll perform decently well anyways

Again cant resist poking at questionable choices ;-;

The reason its questionable is because the aio is rather whimpy for the board choice since that board is an extreme ocing board, and the aio also indicates that you wont do any overclocking other than just setting pbo and forgetting about it

Fyi nzxt cam has caused some issues for some users like bsoding, freezing, etc, but since i havent seen any threads on it lately you should be fine

I guess if you just want it to fit you could go for a full tower like the enthoo pro

Or if you want mid tower, some pretty large cases such as the 5000d airflow, p500a, o11d, etc, should be able to fit your board and aio

1 minute ago, Rocket8992 said:

@tkitchok nvm, how do you think i should position the airflow?

Generally intake on the front, exhaust on the rear?  

What issue are you having with mountning fans?

@tkitch the case doesnt come with screws to mount on the top. it can only be mounted  on the back and the front.

@Somerandomtechyboiim new to the pc building. and wasnt aware of these kind subsitution. the 3070ti was all i can find/obtain all other GPU were overpriced. and thank you for the help.

10 minutes ago, Rocket8992 said:

@tkitch the case doesnt come with screws to mount on the top. it can only be mounted  on the back and the front.

@Somerandomtechyboiim new to the pc building. and wasnt aware of these kind subsitution. the 3070ti was all i can find/obtain all other GPU were overpriced. and thank you for the help.

Oooof

Even an overpriced gpu is still usable unlike an expensive extreme overclocking mobo which is basically useless for your use case

Well youve already built it anyways, so nothing you can do here, well atleast be greatful you have a decent system that can still decently play games, even if some of the parts are sub optimal, outright overpriced, or just useless

Well maybe next time when you build a pc you can consult this forum for some help

Plus since the board is a really expensive xoc board it should have some pretty good resale value