Laptop turns on for 5 seconds then shuts off

So i have a toshiba satilite e55-a5114, when i go to plug it in, the orange charging light stays on for about 5 seconds then shuts off. I try to turn it on while plugged in, it trys but then again after 5 seconds, shuts off, the screen doesn’t even try to light up. I did the usual unplug the laptop and the battery then hold the power button for 30 to 45 seconds, but that didn’t help anything, i tried powering it without the battery but that didn’t work either, i tried re-seating the ram, i tried unplugging all of the un-necessary things like the hard drive, fan, speakers, and i even tried taking the ram out and turning it on, its the same thing every single time. Is there anything that anyone can think of that will help me, please and thank you.

image.jpg

image.jpg

56 minutes ago, TristanC67811 said:

So i have a toshiba satilite e55-a5114, when i go to plug it in, the orange charging light stays on for about 5 seconds then shuts off. I try to turn it on while plugged in, it trys but then again after 5 seconds, shuts off, the screen doesn’t even try to light up. I did the usual unplug the laptop and the battery then hold the power button for 30 to 45 seconds, but that didn’t help anything, i tried powering it without the battery but that didn’t work either, i tried re-seating the ram, i tried unplugging all of the un-necessary things like the hard drive, fan, speakers, and i even tried taking the ram out and turning it on, its the same thing every single time. Is there anything that anyone can think of that will help me, please and thank you.

Double check that battery connection... it doesn't look quite right.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

Try pressing the small button next to blue CMOS battery for 5 seconds to reset the power to the motherboard. 

Check your RAM aswell, DDR3 modules are weird like that sometimes, especially on Toshiba laptops, you have to really shove them in the slot. 

21 hours ago, svmlegacy said:

Double check that battery connection... it doesn't look quite right.

Ive unplugged it and plugged it back in multiple times, and ive even thought about re-soldering it but im not sure if im up for it yet, thank you though!

18 hours ago, AvoK95 said:

Try pressing the small button next to blue CMOS battery for 5 seconds to reset the power to the motherboard. 

Check your RAM aswell, DDR3 modules are weird like that sometimes, especially on Toshiba laptops, you have to really shove them in the slot. 

I will check that and get back to you, thank you.

On 8/18/2021 at 2:37 AM, AvoK95 said:

I tried all of these things and nothing seems to be working.

On 8/23/2021 at 1:25 AM, tmlhalo said:

Have you ruled out issues with the charger and not the laptop?

The charger is brand new, granite its a cheap ebay charger but i have a theory. When i got the laptop not only had it have been sitting for about 5 or 6 years, but also when i got it, i tried to plug it into a few different chargers that i had laying around and they were all 3 something amps but the laptop is rated for 2.37Amps. Now im not sure if that messed anything up or not but there is that…

On 8/18/2021 at 2:37 AM, AvoK95 said:

Alrighty i checked everything you said and it still doesn’t work, thank you.