Health Insurance in USA/nyc

oskar23
Go to solution Solved by Donut417,
18 hours ago, oskar23 said:

Hey.

Do you guys know if they check your salary before or after taxes?

Is there anything worth applying  to? Im looking for something free or with really low monthly  fee.

Whats the best way to apply? Online, call or go somewhere  to the office.

I haven't  done that in years, didnt have insurance  for a long time but now in covid times i would like to get on something. Thanks!

If you get insurance thru your employer it’s taken out before payroll taxes. It actually helps you lessen your taxable income. 

If your just going to pick up insurance not thru your employer, you need to check the healthcare exchange. If your dirt poor you can check to see if the State will offer you Medicaid which is poor people insurance. 

Bear in mind, cheap insurance doesn’t cover shit. It’s for the purpose if you get hospitalized you will still pay a ton, but the insurance company will help with a good majority of the costs. 

Hey.

Is there anything worth applying  to? Im looking for something free or with really low monthly  fee.

I haven't  done that in years, didnt have insurance  for a long time but now in covid times i would like to get on something. Thanks!

8 hours ago, LWM723 said:

For what? More details.

Just to have simple health insurance coverage. I had bluecross blue shield  for few years when i was under 26 years old under  my fathers plan. Now trying  to get something  on my own but im not sure if they look at my salary after/before taxes.

1 hour ago, oskar23 said:

Just to have simple health insurance coverage. I had bluecross blue shield  for few years when i was under 26 years old under  my fathers plan. Now trying  to get something  on my own but im not sure if they look at my salary after/before taxes.

Disclaimer: I'm a Canadian and find your entire Health Insurance system odd and unnecessary, so I'm by no means an expert.

With that in mind: I would almost certainly assume it's salary before taxes - your gross income.

Have you looked on the NYC ACA Exchange? The NY State deadline is December 31st:

https://www.healthmarkets.com/resources/health-insurance/open-enrollment/

NY State has their own exchange, which you can find here:

https://nystateofhealth.ny.gov/

That's the first place I'd look. Maybe someone from New York with better knowledge of Health Insurance can give you better advice.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

18 hours ago, oskar23 said:

Hey.

If you get insurance thru your employer it’s taken out before payroll taxes. It actually helps you lessen your taxable income. 

If your just going to pick up insurance not thru your employer, you need to check the healthcare exchange. If your dirt poor you can check to see if the State will offer you Medicaid which is poor people insurance. 

Bear in mind, cheap insurance doesn’t cover shit. It’s for the purpose if you get hospitalized you will still pay a ton, but the insurance company will help with a good majority of the costs. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.