my graphics card burned and i don't know what to do

so i got a gtx 1050 ti like a year ago and it was great, so a month ago my power supply burned making a buzzing sound, when i took it to the pc repairman told me that the power supply was burned and then bought a new one from him, the next day when we picked it up he told us that the graphics card burned but it didn't look "phisically burned", so my mom is trying to use the warranty that came with the graphicsa card but i want to know if it's possible to repair it or make a good excuse so i can actually get a new one.

help!

1 minute ago, tochi said:

so i got a gtx 1050 ti like a year ago and it was great, so a month ago my power supply burned making a buzzing sound, when i took it to the pc repairman told me that the power supply was burned and then bought a new one from him, the next day when we picked it up he told us that the graphics card burned but it didn't look "phisically burned", so my mom is trying to use the warranty that came with the graphicsa card but i want to know if it's possible to repair it or make a good excuse so i can actually get a new one.

help!

what company made it? 

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

4 minutes ago, adarw said:

what company made it? 

what i know is that is made by gigabyte and it has one fan

1 minute ago, tochi said:

what i know is that is made by gigabyte and it has one fan

oh no, gigabyte is soooooo bad at rma. you could try but its probably not going to work.

-----------------

#

17 minutes ago, adarw said:

oh no, gigabyte is soooooo bad at rma. you could try but its probably not going to work.

fuck

34 minutes ago, tochi said:

he told us that the graphics card burned

Sounds like your average PC support douchery. Does 3D application have repeated issues with flickering textures, or weird lines/squares on your screen, even after you reinstall your graphics driver? If not, then its still good enough to use for now.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

if you ever wanted to buy a new gpu (which i strongly hope you don't need to)

go with asus

its a bit more expensive but it absolutely worth it

35 minutes ago, Alireza said:

if you ever wanted to buy a new gpu (which i strongly hope you don't need to)

go with asus

its a bit more expensive but it absolutely worth it

or evega.. i think

-----------------

#

2 hours ago, tochi said:

help!

I don't trust any of those repair man for the life of me. How do you know if he didn't replace your good GPU for a real burned one. You never leave your PC with those guys, ever. You can always just bring the parts in suspect individually, but don't bring your entire PC.

If you registered your GPU, go online to see the SKU number to see if it matches the one in your PC that you registered.