Unsafe Extreme Overclocking - One Last Hurrah!

Hi there! I have decided to buy a new computer in a 2 months or so, so I decided I want to turn my overclocking my my current PC to the max, unsafely so.

"Max save voltage" does not apply here, instead it's "max voltage and it will still work for 6months", I wanna get as much performance out of my PC as possible just for fun and slightly better Gaming experience until I buy my new PC.

Here are my specs!!

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k (Stable overclock to 4.5Ghz at 1,35 volt. Only been overclocked for couple weeks, I had this chip donated to me by a friend recently. So it's been running at stock for years)

GPU: MSI Geforce 970 4GB (Stable overclock with 100+ mhz on core clock and 200+ mhz on memory clock, stock voltage)

RAM: 16GB 2400mhz XMP 11CL (only used the XMP profile, I would like to overclock this to, just the frequency, will be my first time overclocking RAM)

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N-Gaming 5

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i v2 dual fan

SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (Can I overclock the writing speed on this???)

* What's a voltage I shouldn't surpass? 1.35v is safe overclocking. But how high can I go without it dying within 1 week? 1.5? 1.6? It only needs to survive max 6 months lol.

I am currently overclocking my CPU.
4,8Ghz at 1.5v failed in Cinebench. I'm currently testing 4.7Ghz and it was fine at 1.5v, and also at 1.4v. Since it's not much more than 1.35v, I'm now overclocking the cache to 4.2ghz, and the cache voltage is also set at 1.4v

* Suggestions here? I wanna push the CPU, GPU and RAM to the limits, and if SSD also is overclockable I'd love to overclock that. And again, I dont want the computer to die within a week or two. It should still work at least 6-12months haha, so we can go over the safe limits, but by how much?

Going over the tried and true 1.35v is well no mans land as some cpu's last for years and others show rapid degradation. 1.5v will probably just straight up fry it.

Either way that h80 isn't going to allow you to go much higher as it's a pretty low end cooler.

The whole point of the safe limits are well these are known to keep the system working but anything higher is well running on luck and it wouldn't be the first time you'd rapidly degrade your system.

So if you want this thing to last for a longer period keep it as is you'll barely get any more performance out of this any way.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Going over the tried and true 1.35v is well no mans land as some cpu's last for years and others show rapid degradation. 1.5v will probably just straight up fry it.

Either way that h80 isn't going to allow you to go much higher as it's a pretty low end cooler.

The whole point of the safe limits are well these are known to keep the system working but anything higher is well running on luck and it wouldn't be the first time you'd rapidly degrade your system.

So if you want this thing to last for a longer period keep it as is you'll barely get any more performance out of this any way.

I have some very high quality cooling paste on my CPU, Arctic Silver 5 and my H80i v2 is handeling 4.7Ghz at 1.4v and cache clock at 4.4Ghz at 1.4v and the temperature has maxed at 85c in cinebench. I think its good enough 😄 It doesnt throttle until 95c I think. It hasnt throttled yet anyways.

I went from 4.2ghz to 4.4ghz in cache clock now and didnt get any extra points in Cinebench. So increasing it anymore now may just be a waste. Unless it actually gives better performance in gaming, do you know if it does?

Well yes I'm aware it will degrade the computer. But If it can just stay alive for couple months thats fine haha, it will either be used as a small server after that at stock values or thrown away.

2 hours ago, CornholioQ said:

I have some very high quality cooling paste on my CPU, Arctic Silver 5 and my H80i v2 is handeling 4.7Ghz at 1.4v and cache clock at 4.4Ghz at 1.4v and the temperature has maxed at 85c in cinebench. I think its good enough 😄 It doesnt throttle until 95c I think. It hasnt throttled yet anyways.

I went from 4.2ghz to 4.4ghz in cache clock now and didnt get any extra points in Cinebench. So increasing it anymore now may just be a waste. Unless it actually gives better performance in gaming, do you know if it does?

Well yes I'm aware it will degrade the computer. But If it can just stay alive for couple months thats fine haha, it will either be used as a small server after that at stock values or thrown away.

If no performance gains in cinebench then I doubt there will be any in games.