Windows is only a black screen and asus boot screens are green

So, a little while back my gpu was acting up so I installed some amd drivers using the auto install software (on every piece of software I can find as well as on the back of the gpu itself I cannot find the exact model and the closest I can get is a g 200 series) when I rebooted I noticed some pixels acting up at the bottom and top of my screen, I thought nothing of it and rebooted my pc to do some checks in bios but when I did it came up completely green and unreadable. I managed to fix this by restarting my pc (sad) and cleaning it out and servicing the parts. But now the problem has occurred again but restarting did not seem to do anything, I’m really stuck on this one. 

Edit: the picture at the very bottom is what my inbuilt gpu looks like 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by The govenor
Update in situation

It definitely seems like the GPU is dying - failure to boot into Windows is a sign, and so is discoloration, weird lines and artifacting. At this point, there's really nothing you can do other than replace the GPU (if possible).

Welp, that’s sad, I’ll have to get a new one w some of my savings. Anyway tho thanks for the help

Just to rule this out, have you tried another monitor AND a different HDMI cable?

This can sometimes be caused by a faulty monitor or HDMI cable. The fact this is being displayed like this within the BIOS also suggests to me it could be the monitor or HDMI cable itself.

Normally from past experience, if the GPU is faulty it will only occur when in Windows as drivers aren't loaded until Windows boots.  

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

7 hours ago, sof006 said:

Just to rule this out, have you tried another monitor AND a different HDMI cable?

This can sometimes be caused by a faulty monitor or HDMI cable. The fact this is being displayed like this within the BIOS also suggests to me it could be the monitor or HDMI cable itself.

Normally from past experience, if the GPU is faulty it will only occur when in Windows as drivers aren't loaded until Windows boots.  

I didn’t think it is the cable because of the fact that instead of windows being discoloured it just shoes up as a black screen. And every time the asus boot screen was discoloured. I’ll try it anyway tho.

just to double check that you did remove the graphics card when you tried out the onboard?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 8:02 AM, evilcloud said:

just to double check that you did remove the graphics card when you tried out the onboard?

Yes, I did