New Keyboard (Corsair Mechanical Keyboard double types (the red cheerry prroblem)

nicolaidenmark

As you can tell by the title of this thread, I havee the double typing problem with my Strafe keyboard, which is 2 years and about 4 months old.
Ironically, bought a mechanical for durability image.gif.f6347ffa94664718e3ba4f211a9fa53d.gif

I'm no good with soldering so I'm looking for a keyboard which is very durable with regards to keystrokes and won't cock out. I have a quite powerful strokee / press / attack!
It needs to have a numerical section and light, be good for text writing, web surfing, music listening and decent for gaming (CS:GO). I can't believe this one is already gone. I thought Corsair was good quality and read many reviews prior to this purchase.

Double typing left on purpose to demonstrate problem.

2 minutes ago, James Evens said:

option a.) repair, find somebody how will solder it for you.  Only thing you should do is taking it appart.

option b.) Buy a new one and this time make sure it has hot swap/socketed key switches.

Sounds like a good idea but how do I know which ones have just that? Would it be advertised with all of them? I thought Corsair was quality... alas, it's not!

19 hours ago, James Evens said:

Generally yes as it unusual/"special".

Any recommendations, as to such a keyboard?

Wired, full numeric keypad very durable switches (I tend to almost slam the keys). Fully lid. Good for text production, web surf, e-mail and CS:GO. Full size...

16 hours ago, nicolaidenmark said:

Wired, full numeric keypad very durable switches (I tend to almost slam the keys). Fully lid. Good for text production, web surf, e-mail and CS:GO. Full size...

That to me sounds like Hexgears GK705, Hexgears Impulse for the US market or Hexgears K705 for the UK market.

big man big w!

6 hours ago, ProBottler said:

That to me sounds like Hexgears GK705, Hexgears Impulse for the US market or Hexgears K705 for the UK market.

I'm in Denmark (EU). Is there a Nordic vers.? A google search does not reveal any hits from Danish sites...

On 8/11/2021 at 5:23 AM, ProBottler said:

Hot swabable keys / switches?

5 hours ago, nicolaidenmark said:

Hot swabable keys / switches?

Yes, it has Kailh hotswap sockets, which will fit any MX style switches

big man big w!

4 minutes ago, ProBottler said:

Yes, it has Kailh hotswap sockets, which will fit any MX style switches

Nordic vers. available?

• 1 year later...

New suggestions on this topic?

Preferably one that is readily available in the EU with switches I can change without soldering....

On 8/9/2021 at 9:43 AM, nicolaidenmark said:

As you can tell by the title of this thread, I havee the double typing problem with my Strafe keyboard, which is 2 years and about 4 months old.
Ironically, bought a mechanical for durability image.gif.f6347ffa94664718e3ba4f211a9fa53d.gif

I'm no good with soldering so I'm looking for a keyboard which is very durable with regards to keystrokes and won't cock out. I have a quite powerful strokee / press / attack!
It needs to have a numerical section and light, be good for text writing, web surfing, music listening and decent for gaming (CS:GO). I can't believe this one is already gone. I thought Corsair was good quality and read many reviews prior to this purchase.

Double typing left on purpose to demonstrate problem.

Keychron Q5/Q6

Well, here's what I've learnt:

I feel burned by Coirsair: I bought the Strafe (MK1, I think) with cherry reds for durability -  and it's broken after a little over two years with very moderate use.

So, won't buy another Corsair keyboard.

I hit the keys pretty hard when I type and always have. The reds took some getting used too - perhaps silvers feel more slick?

I want full size with LED light (minimum is red). RGB would be cool but not necessary.

I would really appreciate USB passthrough as I only have two easily accessible USB ports on my desktop and one is permanently used by the dongle for my wireless headset.

From my experience with the Strafe hot swapable switches would defo be appreciated. I saw the Asus Rog Animate but very expensive...

Full size, not mini or TKL here. I consider €200

2 hours ago, nicolaidenmark said:

Well, here's what I've learnt:

I feel burned by Coirsair: I bought the Strafe (MK1, I think) with cherry reds for durability -  and it's broken after a little over two years with very moderate use.

So, won't buy another Corsair keyboard.

I hit the keys pretty hard when I type and always have. The reds took some getting used too - perhaps silvers feel more slick?

I want full size with LED light (minimum is red). RGB would be cool but not necessary.

I would really appreciate USB passthrough as I only have two easily accessible USB ports on my desktop and one is permanently used by the dongle for my wireless headset.

From my experience with the Strafe hot swapable switches would defo be appreciated. I saw the Asus Rog Animate but very expensive...

Full size, not mini or TKL here. I consider €200

get a keychron q6 and buy a seperate usb hub

16 hours ago, person123456789 said:

get a keychron q6 and buy a seperate usb hub

Never thought of a separate USB hub. Could be an option.

I've used Corsair K70 keyboards for ~15 years now, and I've killed most of 'em with soda. Current boards are about 4 years old.

I'm going to be replacing both with TKL Ducky keyboards, and grab a Ducky 10Key for data entry. Spendy, but I think worth it.

I can suggest the TP-Link 8 port USB 3.2Gen1 hub. I've got two of 'em, and I love them!

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022