playing back dolby vision content

Alireza

so i have a Sony kd-65x9000h which does support Dolby vision and Dolby atmos on the internal player

but the internal player is an absolute pain in the ... to work with and 90% of the time it wont even playback the content properly from my local NAS

is there any android video player that support Dolby vision and atmos?

i will pay for them if i have too

Not being able to properly play back from your NAS could be because of not enough ethernet bandwidth. But there is a cheap fix. Have a look at this video:

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

20 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Not being able to properly play back from your NAS could be because of not enough ethernet bandwidth. But there is a cheap fix. Have a look at this video:

the problem is not low speed connection

its about detecting and playing Dolby vision content and signal

the internal player automatically jump into Dolby vision while playing back a Dolby vision video but I need an external player

1 minute ago, Alireza said:

the problem is not low speed connection

its about detecting and playing Dolby vision content and signal

the internal player automatically jump into Dolby vision while playing back a Dolby vision video but I need an external player

The only way to play DV content externally is via 4K BluRay afaik. I've personally not managed to make DV work through windows on my C9 OLED that also supports it through internal apps.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

The only way to play DV content externally is via 4K BluRay afaik. I've personally not managed to make DV work through windows on my C9 OLED that also supports it through internal apps.

i know

it didn't work for me as well 

i just need an app like mx player or vlc on my tv that do actually support playing Dolby vision

26 minutes ago, Alireza said:

i know

it didn't work for me as well 

i just need an app like mx player or vlc on my tv that do actually support playing Dolby vision

Maybe a Nvidia Shield TV can browse and play back your DV content from the NAS? I know it can handle DV, but idk how well it implements with a NAS.

DV is finnicky in my experience. A not-up-to-snuff HDMI cable can also cause a range of issues with it like it not working or constantly toggling. My Nvidia Shield has played back DV content allright through Plex so far (Plex server running on Unraid NAS). So one thing I would definitely try is a properly built, properly 2.1 certified HDMI cable.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB