Any way to connect an LG subwoofer directly to a PC?

I am using VoiceMeeter Potato to make a surround sound from multiple speakers (soundbar for front left+right, portable BT speaker for center and another portable BT speaker for rear left+right). If the sub is connected to the soundbar, it will only pick up bass signals from front left+right channels. How can I connect the sub directly to the PC so it receives LFE signals from the PC?

Using such an eclectic setup, you may be running into trouble.

PCs generally don't have dedicated subwoofer outs, and with such a mish-mash of hardware, you're at the mercy of whatever software is making it work.

3 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Using such an eclectic setup, you may be running into trouble.

PCs generally don't have dedicated subwoofer outs, and with such a mish-mash of hardware, you're at the mercy of whatever software is making it work.

VoiceMeeter can extract LFE audio from a surround signal and send it to a specific channel. Not that, but I'm seeing if the sub can be directly connected to the PC. Without it I have only a 5.0 surround but I want a 5.1.

It would help if you could tell what kind of gear you are trying to connect.

13 minutes ago, tkitch said:

make sure your PC is setup to be 2.1 sound?  

Ummm, otherwise you don't, as PCs don't have dedicated subwoofer outputs.  

Alledgedly the yellow/orange port can also be the sub instead of center

18 minutes ago, 38034580 said:

If the sub is connected to the soundbar, it will only pick up bass signals from front left+right channels.

If it's an integrated system it's most likely not possible to hook up the sub directly to my knowledge as it is made to get/expect a signal from the main unit and not your PC.

Have you considered getting an actual 5.1 setup instead? It'll be easier and probably sound better as well. Or is this just for fun and trying stuff out.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 minute ago, tikker said:

It would help if you could tell what kind of gear you are trying to connect.

Alledgedly the yellow/orange port can also be the sub instead of center

If it's an integrated system it's most likely not possible to hook up the sub directly to my knowledge as it is made to get/expect a signal from the main unit and not your PC.

Have you considered getting an actual 5.1 setup instead? It'll be easier and probably sound better as well. Or is this just for fun and trying stuff out.

BT can only send stereo signals. The purpose of multiple speakers is to circumvent this limitation.

No, you need to connect the sub to an amp for actual power and the signal wire is what comes from the PC.  Or buy an active subwoofer that has the amp built in and it plugs into the wall.

This is a sort of dedicated product for the purpose: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L6FN97Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They also make versions that have a frequency cutoff knob but you don't need that if you're doing it via software anyways.

BTW if you want to  fix the whole setup to do it "proper" you can buy a used receiver that takes HDMI input from your GPU to drive speakers plugged into the receiver.  Getting surround sound out of a PC can also be done via SPDIF (optical) but it's a bit of a pain in the ass because not all soundcards support the codec (Dolby Digital or Dolby DTS) for encoding multi-channels into the SPDIF signal.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

58 minutes ago, 38034580 said:

BT can only send stereo signals. The purpose of multiple speakers is to circumvent this limitation.

Not sure how exactly this relates to my response, but this furthers my point about it being a cumbersome and complicated solution. Hence why I proposed an actual surround setup as that will save you the hassle of decoding the surround stream, figuring out which speaker to send it to and dealing with the mix&match bag of speakers that are thrown together. A single BT speaker at the back (stereo or not) also won't do it much justice I think, as surround sound comes from your sides slightly behind you.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB