Very First Build Looking For Aesthetics Input (and small motherboard question)

MrRejectz

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LGQm9N

I've finally gotten a graphics card and I want my PC to look great. I got my parts picked out already but just looking for good aesthetics to bring it all together. I would like to keep the case the same but wouldn't mind switching it from white to black. Also love the AIO so looking to keep that the same too. Lastly, I've heard good things about this motherboard but want to know if anyone has had any problems with it at all?

Budget (including currency): ~$2,500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

If u switched to a black case it would look better but overall I like it

12 minutes ago, MrRejectz said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LGQm9N

I've finally gotten a graphics card and I want my PC to look great. I got my parts picked out already but just looking for good aesthetics to bring it all together. I would like to keep the case the same but wouldn't mind switching it from white to black. Also love the AIO so looking to keep that the same too. Lastly, I've heard good things about this motherboard but want to know if anyone has had any problems with it at all?

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Cpu cooler is overpriced ass

Get a cheap air cooler like phantom black if you dont wanna overclock and liquid freezer 280-420 if youd like to overclock

1tb silicon power a80 is like 106$ and it still has dram, and no you will not notice any benifit from an ultra fast ssd like the 980 pro unless you are transfering 8k video on a regular basis

Well atleast the ram is cl16 unlike some other overpriced garbage (looking at you corsair rgb pro) but you can save about 25$ if you go with 3200mhz silicon power turbine ram, just overclock it to 3600mhz

Asthetics is subjective so id suggest just going for something with decent airflow but also looks decent aswell, and you already have a decent airflow case

Good psu

8/10

Pretty good, just the horiffically overpriced aio and ssd are the major problems

Btw what are you gonna use this pc for? Cause gaming will not benifit from 12 cores though productivity apps will

35 minutes ago, MrRejectz said:

What will it be used for?

35 minutes ago, MrRejectz said:

Sure, you can spend all that money, but depending on what you want to do, you might not need to.

For gaming a 5800X is just 2% slower than a 5900X but 34 % cheaper.

For office work, the 5800X is just 1 % slower.

For heavy workstation stuff, the 5800X is 15 % slower.

So if you don't do heavy workstation stuff all the time, you can save 225 USD without even noticing the difference.

18 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

horiffically overpriced aio

I understand, you pick the AIO for aesthetics but be aware: You can easiely save another 150 USD there without any difference in performance.

A better way to spend the money would be more storage. 500 GB is not much nowadays. Personally, I got an extra 4 TB HDD. But since you have a high budget, you can easiely get a 1 TB SSD. HDDs make noise sometimes.

My build:

CPU

Intel Core i7 9700 8x 3.00GHz So.1151

CPU cooler

be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim

Motherboard

MSI B360-A PRO Intel B360 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX

RAM

16GB (4x 4096MB) HyperX FURY black DDR4-2666

GPU

8GB Gigabyte GeForce RTX2070 WindForce 2X 3xDP/HDMI

SSD

500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 2280

HDD

4000GB WD Red WD40EFRX Intellipower 64MB 3.5" (8.9cm) SATA 6Gb/s

Power Supply

bequiet! Straight Power 750W Platinum

Case

Fractal Design Define R6
3x bequiet! Silent Wings 3 PWM

15 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Cpu cooler is overpriced ass

Get a cheap air cooler like phantom black if you dont wanna overclock and liquid freezer 280-420 if youd like to overclock

1tb silicon power a80 is like 106$ and it still has dram, and no you will not notice any benifit from an ultra fast ssd like the 980 pro unless you are transfering 8k video on a regular basis

Well atleast the ram is cl16 unlike some other overpriced garbage (looking at you corsair rgb pro) but you can save about 25$ if you go with 3200mhz silicon power turbine ram, just overclock it to 3600mhz

Asthetics is subjective so id suggest just going for something with decent airflow but also looks decent aswell, and you already have a decent airflow case

Good psu

8/10

Pretty good, just the horiffically overpriced aio and ssd are the major problems

Btw what are you gonna use this pc for? Cause gaming will not benifit from 12 cores though productivity apps will

This Pc will be used for gaming to some extent but I’m learning video editing and 3D so that’s why I went with the 12 cores for more future proofing than anything. I do keep hearing that the AIO is overpriced and I couldn’t find an LCD screen like that anywhere else so that’s why I’m leaning towards keeping it (since it is just for aesthetic purposes). And as far as aesthetics, I guess I was looking for more color coordination and anywhere RGB might look nice in it.

19 minutes ago, MrRejectz said:

This Pc will be used for gaming to some extent but I’m learning video editing and 3D so that’s why I went with the 12 cores for more future proofing than anything. I do keep hearing that the AIO is overpriced and I couldn’t find an LCD screen like that anywhere else so that’s why I’m leaning towards keeping it (since it is just for aesthetic purposes). And as far as aesthetics, I guess I was looking for more color coordination and anywhere RGB might look nice in it.

I get the screen is nice but how often are you actually going to look at it? I mean you have no rgb or anything in the case so it's just going to be a unlit case with a glass panel and some dinky mediocre tiny screen showing an image.

If you want it go for it but I personally wouldn't.

Otherwise part from the ssd being quite small and expensive (many other options out there that get you 1tb for the same price like a crucial p2 and such) it's a good pc. But the white case might look a little odd with all full black parts.

Don't forget to buy some fans for the front of that case. I recommend some arctic p series fans they are cheap quiet and a little better than noctua nf fans.

2 hours ago, jaslion said:

I get the screen is nice but how often are you actually going to look at it? I mean you have no rgb or anything in the case so it's just going to be a unlit case with a glass panel and some dinky mediocre tiny screen showing an image.

This i absolutely agree on

Like come on if you get an rgb case atleast whenever you go turn on the pc the rgb springs to life and you can immedeatly see it

Rgb ram is not as noticable but its usually not horifically overpriced like the aio so still somewhat justifiable

Like come on asthetic is cool and all but then you are forced to downgrade your spec

Heck you could prob get a 3080 easily by yeetingt the expensive crap

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7vPwW3

Heres a more value oriented version of your pcpartpicker

Upgraded the ram to 32gb

Upgraded the ssd to 2tb

Yeeted the overpriced asf aio

Yeeted the uneccesary ssd

Optimized the other parts

If you are gonna do an overclocking oriented build then swap the cooler for a liquid freezer 420 and the case for an enthoo pro, the 2 p12 fans are gonna be placed at the bottom of the case for bottom to top airflow

If you arent ocing then might aswell save some money and upgrade the gpu or even cpu

Plus the cooler i chose still gives the option to oc but i suggest just enabling pbo and letting it do its thing

Look asthetics are ok if you dont overspend but if you do then it becomes a money pit and you are forced to downgrade the important stuff like gpu or cpu

The nzxt aio is horrible in value asthetics wise since the display is tiny asf and youll never even see it most of the time, even worse you cant even use the display if you are one of those unlucky ppl that have their nzxt cam start malfunctioning on them and causing weird shit like freezing and bsods etc.

25 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

This i absolutely agree on

Like come on if you get an rgb case atleast whenever you go turn on the pc the rgb springs to life and you can immedeatly see it

Rgb ram is not as noticable but its usually not horifically overpriced like the aio so still somewhat justifiable

Like come on asthetic is cool and all but then you are forced to downgrade your spec

Heck you could prob get a 3080 easily by yeetingt the expensive crap

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7vPwW3

Heres a more value oriented version of your pcpartpicker

Upgraded the ram to 32gb

Upgraded the ssd to 2tb

Yeeted the overpriced asf aio

Yeeted the uneccesary ssd

Optimized the other parts

If you are gonna do an overclocking oriented build then swap the cooler for a liquid freezer 420 and the case for an enthoo pro, the 2 p12 fans are gonna be placed at the bottom of the case for bottom to top airflow

If you arent ocing then might aswell save some money and upgrade the gpu or even cpu

Plus the cooler i chose still gives the option to oc but i suggest just enabling pbo and letting it do its thing

Look asthetics are ok if you dont overspend but if you do then it becomes a money pit and you are forced to downgrade the important stuff like gpu or cpu

The nzxt aio is horrible in value asthetics wise since the display is tiny asf and youll never even see it most of the time, even worse you cant even use the display if you are one of those unlucky ppl that have their nzxt cam start malfunctioning on them and causing weird shit like freezing and bsods etc.

And if op wants to rgb the living hell out of their case well some asiahorse rgb fans or whatever are cheap and pretty good fans that come in packs with everything you need. Or you go arctic and get REALLY GOOD fans that are also rgb cost a little more but basically are the current best argb fans in terms of cooling performance on the market. (talking about their bionix with their p series rgb close behind).