USB-C monitors, what to look out for?

TheCamba

I am needing to purchase some new monitors for some friends  They were just purchased the "Legion 5 Gen 6 AMD (15") Standard".

What do people recommend in the ways of USB-C monitors?  I am interested that they have 2+usb ports, HDMI/DP, and ethernet.  The ability to daisy chain monitors is a + but not necessary.  Just wanting to help clean up their desk space and clutter.

Is there any concern with the laptops and the fact that they run a standard Lenovo rectangle power jack with a 240watt power brick?  If the  monitor provides power, can that damage the laptop in any way?  I'm not finding anyone with reviews that address these particular problems.

Recommendations greatly appreciated.

If the monitor can provide power but the laptops type-c ports are not for charging, then the monitor will simply not charge the laptop. 

- What is the monitor for? (Work (what type of work/software?), gaming, etc.)

- What is your budget for each monitor?

- Any other needs other than your requested I/O ports? (for example resolution, refresh rate, size)

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Also i don't know of any monitor that has an ethernet jack. I'd recommend to buy a type-c dock where you plug all your peripherals in and then just use 1 cable between the dock and your laptop to connect everything at once.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.