Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is Gigabyte 2060 O.C. Version overheat ?

I have bought GV-N2060OC-6GD within my new system but I wondered about Temperatures. In my country, some people say this GPU is Rev1 series and has bad thermal performance. This model has a chronical problem ? Is there anyone who using this model ? Also what I live in summer is so hot 35+ C° Celcius Degrees. So, when I need Undervolt for solution overheating ? If I will get 80+ C° should I Undervolt or maybe give it back Gigabyte service for replace or repair ?

 

Actually I am not sure is it Rev1 or Rev2 but people say it is Rev1.

https://www.itopya.com/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2060-oc-192bit-gddr6-dx12-ekran-karti/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruh 80c isn’t too much for a gpu. If you really want, repast, but it should be fine.

Is it plugged in? Is it turned on? Are you sure? No, really. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Bruh 80c isn’t too much for a gpu. If you really want, repast, but it should be fine.

For you, what temperatures isn't normal for GPU health ? I mean RTX 2060.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Compengineer said:

I have bought GV-N2060OC-6GD within my new system but I wondered about Temperatures. In my country, some people say this GPU is Rev1 series and has bad thermal performance. This model has a chronical problem ? Is there anyone who using this model ? Also what I live in summer is so hot 35+ C° Celcius Degrees. So, when I need Undervolt for solution overheating ? If I will get 80+ C° should I Undervolt or maybe give it back Gigabyte service for replace or repair ?

 

Actually I am not sure is it Rev1 or Rev2 but people say it is Rev1.

https://www.itopya.com/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2060-oc-192bit-gddr6-dx12-ekran-karti/

@LukeSavenije @GoldenLag Could you share your idea ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Compengineer said:

For you, what temperatures isn't normal for GPU health ? I mean RTX 2060.

nvidia says temps over 100c are ok for RTX 20 cards. Also there are blower cards such as gtx 480 and 490 from 10 years ago that run at like 88c under load that still work fine so…

Is it plugged in? Is it turned on? Are you sure? No, really. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You could try setting a more aggressive fan curve using something like MSI Afterburner. If that doesn't help, you could try undervolting which generally improves thermals by a lot. If it still reaches mid-high 70C, you could open the front panel or side panel of your case to allow more fresh air. If it STILL doesn't get below 70C, you should repaste the card.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tishous said:

You could try setting a more aggressive fan curve using something like MSI Afterburner. If that doesn't help, you could try undervolting which generally improves thermals by a lot. If it still reaches mid-high 70C, you could open the front panel or side panel of your case to allow more fresh air. If it STILL doesn't get below 70C, you should repaste the card.

 

8 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

nvidia says temps over 100c are ok for RTX 20 cards. Also there are blower cards such as gtx 480 and 490 from 10 years ago that run at like 88c under load that still work fine so…

Okay, you are right, but I think become 70C probably not easy because weather. Also my case is Corsair Carbide Spec Delta RGB so airflow is not high performance. My pc is in still shipload. When my system arrive to me, what will do I need ? Okay, you are right, but I think become 70C probably not easy because weather. Also my case is Corsair Carbide Spec Delta RGB so airflow is not high performance. My pc is in still cargo. When my system arrive to me, what will do I need ? I think I should Furmark stress test but I don't know how many minutes do need it. Before Undervolting probably I should stress test.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tishous said:

If it STILL doesn't get below 70C, you should repaste the card.

 

29 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

If you really want, repast, but it should be fine.

Sorry sir but I don't know what do you mean "repaste" because another country might use different word.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Compengineer said:

 

Sorry sir but I don't know what do you mean "repaste" because another country might use different word.

Repaste means take the card apart and replace the thermal grease aka thermal paste. It’s basically like glue that conducts heat well and it conducts heat from the gpu to the heat sink.

Is it plugged in? Is it turned on? Are you sure? No, really. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to guess that, we should default thermal paste till finish of guarantee. Because if we take the card apart, it will be excluded guarantee, it isnt ? Other thing, is CPU thermal paste able to use for GPU. Also how much W/mK should I use ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×