looking for a Lan computer

JuliusW

Budget (including currency): $1000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  Things

Other details: I have a single graphics cards

Basically I want a pc that can do splitscreen gaming. but with games that are not splitscreen. like destiny 2 or unturned. I know it is odd, but me and my homies really like the splitscreen vibe, pplus they cant haul their computers around.
How should I set this up. I was thinking using linux and getting multiple GPUs and using dedicated VMs in a workstation level computer. with older server cpu. like a e5-2690v4 (expandable with a second one) and get cheap GPUs. and like a external PSU for the extra gpus and stuff.

it would literally be easier to just use two computers and far more simple and reliable.

trying to do it the round about hard way with VMs and trying to run those on old xeons using linux would be the most difficult way of doing it.

1 hour ago, JuliusW said:

Budget (including currency): $1000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  Things

Other details: I have a single graphics cards

Basically I want a pc that can do splitscreen gaming. but with games that are not splitscreen. like destiny 2 or unturned. I know it is odd, but me and my homies really like the splitscreen vibe, pplus they cant haul their computers around.
How should I set this up. I was thinking using linux and getting multiple GPUs and using dedicated VMs in a workstation level computer. with older server cpu. like a e5-2690v4 (expandable with a second one) and get cheap GPUs. and like a external PSU for the extra gpus and stuff.

well you could play over then internet like everyone els... and i guess capture there screen and play it on a second monitor like streamers do. but sounds like you want to lan the games. there ways to make multable pc off of one pc but its expensive like linus has done in the past. you need need good gpus.

there might be cloud gaming were the work load is off on another pc. i no at some lans thay have that were you can download a steam game in like 30 seconds. no idea how it works thow.

oh so its one pc download and other pcs downloading off of that pc i got it now...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Get 2 computers? Doing the unraid vm thing is NEVER the good answer for a gaming machine. Why?

A BUNCH of work to get it going.

EXPENSIVE as you need VERY SPECIFIC hardware to make it work

HUGE maintenance as a simple windows update, driver update,wrong shutdown,... can easily break the entire workings of the system

UNSTABLE as this is patching hardware through in software which is just not as stable and crashes will happen then triggering the possibility of a total vm failure which is a pretty high chance in such a setup.

As just a few reasons

Your best bet is to simply just have 2 computers and play next to each other.