How would I add 2 different gpus on one motherboard?

Henryjames989

To start off I have an asus strix rog b-550f motherboard with a ryzen 7 3700x and a rx580. I know that its stupid, and a waste of money, I just want to toy around with it, but I bought a Radeon HD 6450, and I was just wondering for 1.) how to connect it to my motherboard with my rx 580 without it sharing bandwidth or interfering with my rx 580 in any way 2.) Will the drivers work together or will I have to install a legacy driver update amongst with my Radeon software currently? 

Included here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-6000-series/amd-radeon-hd-6450 

Also, if I were to have to download the legacy drivers, which one to pick out of catalyst or Crimson?

9 minutes ago, Henryjames989 said:

Will the drivers work together? 

Nope they wont. HD6XXX series uses drivers that are so old that windows 10 was just released when driver was released. I honestly wouldnt do this because knowing how shit AMD drivers are, all you are asking is for more trouble and no gains. You wont gain anything from this endeavour other than some more display outputs. If you still plan on doing this, let windows install HD6450s bare minimum drivers while keeping RX580s full driver suite installed.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

3 minutes ago, Levent said:

Nope they wont. HD6XXX series uses drivers that are so old that windows 10 was just released when driver was released. I honestly wouldnt do this because knowing how shit AMD drivers are, all you are asking is for more trouble and no gains. You wont gain anything from this endeavour other than some more display outputs. If you still plan on doing this, let windows install HD6450s bare minimum drivers while keeping RX580s full driver suite installed.

As in windows 10 will do it all? Also your a big help to the community keep that up my man

Just now, Henryjames989 said:

As in windows 10 will do it all? Also your a big help to the community keep that up my man

Also, no compatibility issues on the 2 gpus on one mobo right? Just slot in and boot?

1 minute ago, Henryjames989 said:

Also, no compatibility issues on the 2 gpus on one mobo right? Just slot in and boot?

Depending on your windows installation, you might have to disable secure boot and enable CSM in bios if you have secure boot and CSM disabled.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

4 minutes ago, Levent said:

Depending on your windows installation, you might have to disable secure boot and enable CSM in bios if you have secure boot and CSM disabled.

Alright dope thanks! 

44 minutes ago, Henryjames989 said:

1.) how to connect it to my motherboard with my rx 580 without it sharing bandwidth or interfering with my rx 580 in any way

your board have a 2nd x16 slot(black), use that

it connects from the chipset and in no way affects your first x16 slot's (grey) capabilities

45 minutes ago, Henryjames989 said:

2.) Will the drivers work together or will I have to install a legacy driver update amongst with my Radeon software currently

you'll have to locate a driver that supports both GPU at the same time

not too familiar with how AMD drivers work though

36 minutes ago, Levent said:

If you still plan on doing this, let windows install HD6450s bare minimum drivers while keeping RX580s full driver suite installed.

this doesnt work for Nvidia GPUs as only one version can be installed at a single time

not too sure if AMD allows multiple driver version installations

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

48 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

your board have a 2nd x16 slot(black), use that

it connects from the chipset and in no way affects your first x16 slot's (grey) capabilities

you'll have to locate a driver that supports both GPU at the same time

not too familiar with how AMD drivers work though

this doesnt work for Nvidia GPUs as only one version can be installed at a single time

not too sure if AMD allows multiple driver version installations

Well what I'm thinking is, how would I change the card to compute mode without drivers?

9 minutes ago, Henryjames989 said:

Well what I'm thinking is, how would I change the card to compute mode without drivers?

i'm not too familiar with AMD card, so unfortunately i've no idea

but if i had to guess, it's a no

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately