INTERNET SPEED DIES ON EPIC GAMES LAUNCHER AFTER 85MB OF GTA V HAS BEEN DOWNLOADED.

Hamza-Jilani
Go to solution Solved by Hamza-Jilani,

Okay so, I usually get around 500-700kB/s internet speed so I just went to settings in the epic games launcher, ticked the "throttle downloads" option and set that to around 1000kB/s just to be safe and did the well known engine.ini thing along with it where I would paste this:

[HTTP]

HttpTimeout=10

HttpConnectionTimeout=10

HttpReceiveTimeout=10

HttpSendTimeout=10

[Portal.BuildPatch]

ChunkDownloads=1

ChunkRetries=1

RetryTime=0.1

into the engine.ini file located here: C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\EpicGamesLauncher\Saved\Config\Windows and now I am getting stable and constant internet speed!

Note 1: Both the throttle download thing and this engine.ini file edit are necessary in order to eliminate the issue as only doing one didn't help, though it still can be tried as there is no harm in doing so.

Note 2: Setting the throttle download to option to "0" or an extremely big number such as 100,000 wouldn't work either so just put in the number that is the max speed your internet gives while downloading from the epic games for example when your internet is functioning correctly on the epic games, note the max speed in my case it is 700kB/s max so just to be safe I set the throttle downloads option to 1000kB/s.

I just started downloading GTA V from the epic games launcher and it at first gave me poor internet speeds (mostly stuck at 0kB/s) but then I messed with the engine.ini file of the epic games launcher and entered this:

[HTTP]

HttpTimeout=10

HttpConnectionTimeout=10

HttpReceiveTimeout=10

HttpSendTimeout=10

[Portal.BuildPatch]

ChunkDownloads=3

ChunkRetries=20

RetryTime=0.5

Though it did indeed increase the internet speed but the same happened after 80-85MB of the game was downloaded i.e. the speed went down and got stuck at 0kB/s occasionally hitting a 100kB/s for a second or two and then going back to 0kB/s. I restarted the epic games launcher and the download couple of times but the same kept happening it would give good speeds initially but when it has downloaded 80-85MB the speed again goes to being the same way. I would really appreciate it if someone can give me a working solution for this issue, I have also already tried changing the DNS servers and tried a couple of them but they made no difference.

Let me guess, game is getting downloaded onto a HDD?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

7 hours ago, Levent said:

Let me guess, game is getting downloaded onto a HDD?

Yes, the game is being downloaded onto a 500GB 5900 RPM (NOT 5400 RPM) "Seagate Video 3.5" HDD.

Edit: The "write" speeds I get during the download are somewhere around 500MB/s but that does too die down to zero when the downloading speed goes to 0kB/s but is constant when the downloading speed is constant, I usually get around 400-600kB/s internet speed for the part of the download where the speed is not stuck at zero. Another thing is that even when the download speed is stuck at 0kB/s, the file size keeps increasing and the write speeds do rise up every now and then, all while the download speed is at 0kB/s.

Edited by Hamza-Jilani

Okay so, I usually get around 500-700kB/s internet speed so I just went to settings in the epic games launcher, ticked the "throttle downloads" option and set that to around 1000kB/s just to be safe and did the well known engine.ini thing along with it where I would paste this:

[HTTP]

HttpTimeout=10

HttpConnectionTimeout=10

HttpReceiveTimeout=10

HttpSendTimeout=10

[Portal.BuildPatch]

ChunkDownloads=1

ChunkRetries=1

RetryTime=0.1

into the engine.ini file located here: C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\EpicGamesLauncher\Saved\Config\Windows and now I am getting stable and constant internet speed!

Note 1: Both the throttle download thing and this engine.ini file edit are necessary in order to eliminate the issue as only doing one didn't help, though it still can be tried as there is no harm in doing so.

Note 2: Setting the throttle download to option to "0" or an extremely big number such as 100,000 wouldn't work either so just put in the number that is the max speed your internet gives while downloading from the epic games for example when your internet is functioning correctly on the epic games, note the max speed in my case it is 700kB/s max so just to be safe I set the throttle downloads option to 1000kB/s.