Is my motherboard broken?

These are the things

-CPU AMD FX-8120 79

-RAM 8,00GB DDR3  803MHz (11-11-11-28Dual-Channel)

-Motherboard Gigabyte 970A-D3

-Graphics Nvidia 1060 6gb

-Storage 931GB WDC WD10EZEX-60ZF5A0 ATA Device

-PSU corsair CX7 750m

-OS windows 10 and ubuntu

(Newbie here, been a LTT's subscirber for over 5 years, so, hi guys)

My rig keep doing these thing, it's like suddenly losing electricity, but my rig still on. Fans still running (case, CPU, GPU), but no display (my monitor going to sleep)and mouse turned off (its lights turn off).

I've been doing troubleshooting by swapping HDD, PSU, GPU with spares that i have, and been trying to use only 1 RAM and swapping them accordingly to see if one/both of them are the problem. The thing still happening (i can't turn on my rig for 5 days now).

What i don't have as spares are motherboard and CPU to use as troubleshooting tools, but i think it is save to say that 1 of them is the culprit (?), Right? 

My rig did got electrocuted by thunder 4 years ago, and damaged the ethernet port (it fixed now), and there are burn marks on the 8pin holes (2 of them) that powered the motherboard.

Is my conclusion right? Or there's something else that I missed? It's POST smoothly and the OS already loaded (windows 10 and ubuntu, i also to use ubuntu to try if it's a OS problem or not) then after a few minutes, it become like that. 

Please help

It sounds a lot like a bad motherboard, and from what you described with the lightning strike, I'm not exactly surprised (well, I am surprised it's not worse)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

It sounds a lot like a bad motherboard, and from what you described with the lightning strike, I'm not exactly surprised (well, I am surprised it's not worse)

I see, so it's the same as my conclusion... thanks for the input