Is a cooler master i30 enough for an i5 7500?

DeadlyDivs_
Go to solution Solved by DeadlyDivs_,

20 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

60c isn't low but not dangerous. What are load temps?

So i decided to go for the i30 just to see if it would work fine and it did!, in valorant it has a max temp of 60C while in COD Modern Warfare 2019 i have a max temp of 75C and it is also pretty quiet so i guess ill stick to this for now but i will probably buy a better processor in the near future, if u are still curious about what my temps were before using the i3 7100 stock cooler, it was always at 100C in most of my games, so it was always thermal throttling. anyways thanks for all your help

i just bought an i5 7500 2nd hand and does not come with an intel stock cooler, the only cooler i have is from my old i3 7100 which works....kind of?, it doesn't work well with games obviously but with normal browsing its fine sitting around 50-60C idle and i know its pretty bad, so i really need to buy a new cooler for it and found a cooler master i30 pretty cheap so i wanted any suggestion with different coolers since i doubt that the i30 will do the job nicely, i am on a budget since i spent a lot of my savings with the i5. any help will greatly be appreciated!

27 minutes ago, DeadlyDivs_ said:

i just bought an i5 7500 2nd hand and does not come with an intel stock cooler, the only cooler i have is from my old i3 7100 which works....kind of?, it doesn't work well with games obviously but with normal browsing its fine sitting around 50-60C idle and i know its pretty bad, so i really need to buy a new cooler for it and found a cooler master i30 pretty cheap so i wanted any suggestion with different coolers since i doubt that the i30 will do the job nicely, i am on a budget since i spent a lot of my savings with the i5. any help will greatly be appreciated!

Well, what is your budget?

Going with a slightly larger heatsink will definitely keep it more quiet.

The i30 would work just fine, however, it's almost the same as the stock cooler which should be dirt cheap, so don't pay more than 10 USD/EUR for it.

16 minutes ago, Naijin said:

Well, what is your budget?

Going with a slightly larger heatsink will definitely keep it more quiet.

The i30 would work just fine, however, it's almost the same as the stock cooler which should be dirt cheap, so don't pay more than 10 USD/EUR for it.

i can spare maybe $20-$30 if the i30 is gonna work almost the same as the stock cooler then im not buying it, any suggestions within my budget?

1 hour ago, DeadlyDivs_ said:

i can spare maybe $20-$30 if the i30 is gonna work almost the same as the stock cooler then im not buying it, any suggestions within my budget?

Maybe a Cooler Master Hyper TX3/212 or BeQuiet Pure Rock Slim (2). Or basically any tower like that would work a lot better and more quiet and won't kill the budget.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

20 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

So i decided to go for the i30 just to see if it would work fine and it did!, in valorant it has a max temp of 60C while in COD Modern Warfare 2019 i have a max temp of 75C and it is also pretty quiet so i guess ill stick to this for now but i will probably buy a better processor in the near future, if u are still curious about what my temps were before using the i3 7100 stock cooler, it was always at 100C in most of my games, so it was always thermal throttling. anyways thanks for all your help