[Aus]Build advice, $1,000 budget.

Budget (including currency): $500-$1,000(AUD)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Video games(1440p, 140hz), mostly play MMO's and first person shooters.

Linked is my current viable parts: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/JYstZZ

I need to replace my current ram, motherboard, CPU and cooler. I had one of my ram sticks fail so I've been living with 12 Gb's of ram for a while which hasn't been ideal, I also damaged said ram slot removing the damaged stick hence the need to replace the motherboard, I figure if I'm going to be replacing the motherboard I may as well upgrade my CPU at the same time, I would prefer Intel just because I would safer with a brand I brand I'm already familiar with.

Mostly just need some advice on what parts to pick up, I sincerely appreciate any and all advice you can provide.

So for CPU I'm currently looking at the 

Intel Core i5-11600K 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor for around $380 which should be a decent upgrade over my old CPU (i7 7700k)
I'm running into some issues choosing a motherboard, seeing that "some Intel Z490 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Rocket Lake-S CPUs."

Feeling like I should just get a motherboard without this issue does that mean I should be looking exclusively at z590 chipset motherboards? They do all seem to be a bit more expensive.

7 minutes ago, Taldorian said:

So for CPU I'm currently looking at the 

Intel Core i5-11600K 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor for around $380 which should be a decent upgrade over my old CPU (i7 7700k)
I'm running into some issues choosing a motherboard, seeing that "some Intel Z490 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Rocket Lake-S CPUs."

Feeling like I should just get a motherboard without this issue does that mean I should be looking exclusively at z590 chipset motherboards? They do all seem to be a bit more expensive.

Dont bother with a k cpu unless you wanna overclock

3 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Dont bother with a k cpu unless you wanna overclock

While i agree, the non k variant has a lower clockspeed compared to the k, is that not something i should worry about? Why?

image.png.66f8770c9412eac9fa8c403ebafe9399.png

4 minutes ago, Taldorian said:

While i agree, the non k variant has a lower clockspeed compared to the k, is that not something i should worry about? Why?

image.png.66f8770c9412eac9fa8c403ebafe9399.png

Dont bother with a k cpu unless its only 10-20$ more expensive cause there is also the better resale value of a k cpu

Other than that tho its quite a waste to buy a k cpu if you dont overclock or undervolt it, esp when the k cpu is much more expensive than the non k variant

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/qKkHcT

Maybe something like this?

11700f 8 core, 30$ less than a k cpu but again dont bother unless you overclock or undervolt

Se 224 xt should suffice for non overclock

Z590a pro cause it has a similar price to the z490 variant

3000mhz cl15 ram cause cheap, you can prob overclock it to 3200 or 3600mhz if you wish

Swapped the case for a puse base 500 cause good god that case looks like it has no airflow, no wonder why your ram died, cause it was on fire the entire time xD

Btw the k variant only has a 100mhz diff in boost clock, base clock doesnt really matter here

11700 non k boosts to 4.9ghz

11700k boosts to 5ghz