GMMK Pro Latency

Coastqr
Go to solution Solved by ProBottler,
6 minutes ago, ProBottler said:

Short answer: no.

Long answer, you can't even notice the difference, and even if you improve the latency of your keyboard, it still has to go through a bunch of hoops that will easily delete that gain.

This video is the definition of the placebo effect. There is no research proving that linear is "da BeST FOr GAMERS!!!!!!" and the reason why the guy felt that the switches are "super super fast" is that the actuation force and actuation point of the switches is super light and super early in the travel distance of the switch. He also probably have never tried a switch with the tactility and weighting of the Glorious Panda, so overcoming the tactile bump throws his feeling off.

If anything, it's the switch that gives him the feeling of input lag, not the input latency itself.

Which is totally preference due to the guy's weak fingers.

Ok so I came across this video about the GMMK Pro:

Well I just bought one, so I am pretty concerned. My switches are the Tealios V2, so will linear switches help a bit?

Is there any way to improve latency?

1158453061_Screenshot(110).thumb.png.2473ba8a06cbc0df615846a7a5812452.png

43 minutes ago, Coastqr said:

Is there any way to improve latency

Long answer, you can't even notice the difference, and even if you improve the latency of your keyboard, it still has to go through a bunch of hoops that will easily delete that gain.

45 minutes ago, Coastqr said:

Ok so I came across this video about the GMMK Pro:

Well I just bought one, so I am pretty concerned. My switches are the Tealios V2, so will linear switches help a bit?

This video is the definition of the placebo effect. There is no research proving that linear is "da BeST FOr GAMERS!!!!!!" and the reason why the guy felt that the switches are "super super fast" is that the actuation force and actuation point of the switches is super light and super early in the travel distance of the switch. He also probably have never tried a switch with the tactility and weighting of the Glorious Panda, so overcoming the tactile bump throws his feeling off.

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream
thank you :D 

6 minutes ago, ProBottler said:

If anything, it's the switch that gives him the feeling of input lag, not the input latency itself.

Which is totally preference due to the guy's weak fingers.

Edited by ProBottler

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream
thank you :D 

14 hours ago, ProBottler said:

ok great! 

I was really wondering about this, because even with 26 ms, you can actuate a switch a ton of times a second. 

Should I get QMK to lower the latency a bit more?

The last time I saw a post about latency and the GMMK Pro, people mentioned it was caused by the glorious firmware. I've read that QMK fixes the issue. I personally haven't noticed any issues with latency but I also don't play FPS games that much. 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

18 hours ago, DarkEnergy said:

The last time I saw a post about latency and the GMMK Pro, people mentioned it was caused by the glorious firmware. I've read that QMK fixes the issue. I personally haven't noticed any issues with latency but I also don't play FPS games that much. 

ok then i will get qmk