Fuji XT4 doesn't shop up in finder/desktop but Google sync notices it

s_k

Guys! Bit of a weird one here. I just got a Fujifilm XT4. 
I usually use a cardreader but figured I'd try hooking it up through USB.
I plugged the USB (A --> C, did try another one) cable that's in my mac mini into the camera and Google Drive asked me if I wanted to backup the files on the card.
And that's all. I never saw the camera anywhere in the finder, or on my desktop (as it usually should do with external drives). I did set the camera to 'cardreader mode' so it should just work as a flash drive.

105049645_Screenshot2021-07-25at19_25_41.jpg.ce034d20d2ee1d623ac0730554f92ab5.jpg

I did try in Windows of course and that works fine. 
It's probably a Big Sur thing but I would like to make sure. 
As for Windows users asking why on earth I'd use a Mac; It's M1. I bought a Macbook M1 Air as a bit of a 'joke', fully expecting to sell it right after but I wanted to know what the fuss was about. 
Turns out Linus was right about how ridiculously good they are. I'd prefer them to run Windows of course but for audio/video/photo use they just completely sweep the floor with my Ryzen 7 2700x with 32gb of ram and a GTX1660.
There's no denying it I fear. So yeah, I would like to get this fixed, even though I could choose to use my PC or a card reader ;).

Any ideas?

Really just use a card reader, works much better, and then you can easily swap card too.

Does the camera show up in system infomation?

I always use card readers, just figured I'd try it (also for when I'm on the move and didn't bring my reader),  considering that I just got the camera.
Let me check system info...

image.png.89adc5618bcd4a01d345403d4935576f.png
Yeah, it does. I mean it should, considering that Google Sync sees it. It's as if MacOS doesn't see it as a drive.