Will I ever be able to buy an HTC One M8 through my provider and then change it to the Google Play edition?

minimalist

I'm due for an upgrade so after selling my iPhone 5 I can pretty much get a free phone. Spending an extra $400 is not something I really want to do for the google play edition.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Sense 6 actually ain't half bad. 

But if you don't want to root and all of that crap, take a look at this:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/23/4132926/nexus-look-on-any-android-phone

And if you're desperate for stock android, Cyanogenmod is the best. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

I'm due for an upgrade so after selling my iPhone 5 I can pretty much get a free phone. Spending an extra $400 is not something I really want to do for the google play edition.

I dunno but isnt it easier to just find google play rom and put it on or just any other custom rom?

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

I dunno but isnt it easier to just find google play rom and put it on or just any other custom rom?

rooting isn't for the faint of heart. If you aren't willing to get dirty with it, it would just be easier to do that. Since it's HTC it's quite easy to unlock and root their phones. I say do it, but there is just one problem.. You need S-OFF to use GPE based rom (at least with the M7) so it would just be better to use a custom rom.

rooting isn't for the faint of heart. If you aren't willing to get dirty with it, it would just be easier to do that. Since it's HTC it's quite easy to unlock and root their phones. I say do it, but there is just one problem.. You need S-OFF to use GPE based rom (at least with the M7) so it would just be better to use a custom rom.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about so it sounds like I'm pretty much just stuck with no phone or the regular HTC One m8.  Also, are the brand new updates to googles OS available immediately to download like they would be if it actually came with the phone?

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Sense 6 is awesome as I use it on my m7.It's a port but still amazes me so much.It's the best phone.

Here's a Google Play edition rom you can install once rooted with a custom recovery. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2706441

Keep in mind you own't get over the air updates so you'll have to install a new rom when the next version of Android comes out.

So is that the only thing you really miss out on?  The automatic updates?  Also, is it possible to add the things you want that come from HTC?  I just hate having to have crap from HTC that I want.  I wish I could pick and choose while having everything android.  It's such a shame the Google Play version is so much.

If you don't want to root and want the stocky feeling I'd suggest you folow this guide:

http://www.talkandroid.com/guides/beginner/heres-how-to-get-the-google-now-launcher-on-any-android-phone-or-tablet/

My brother got his M8 today and it worked flawlessly.

And I even installe dit on my 4.1.2 Note 10.1 with Omega ROM [Modded stock rom] running in the back but having the voice commandy and the look while still keeping S.Note  and the likes.

And while installing your Google Search may repeatedly crash [it did atleast on my "incompatible" tablet, but after a reboot it works flawlessy :)

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...