Techifying a freakin' BOAT!

mynameGeoff

The song they're playing on the boat - what is it? Sounds pretty awesome and I'd like to know. 🙂

Hmm.. Wait WHAT

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

A missed opportunity for a Hyperion or Jim Clark reference 

I thought Jackery says not to charge with solar while using the power outlets as it is bad for the battery in the Jackery.   Do you have a special model or can you keep us posted if it has any issues, please.

That solar panel installation is such a hot mess to be fair.

Same for the cable management among other things.

I personally would have gone a different route, using more dedicated batteries and an inverter, not to mention made an effort to hide the main power cable going straight from ceiling to floor. Likely gone with solar panels that could be integrated into the exposed surfaces on the boat in a more secure fashion than just throwing them onto the bimini top. Even if one were to use a cloth to hold them more securely in place.

Though, to be fair. If I owned a boat, I would likely install a server rack just for the heck of it...

12 hours ago, GeoffLMG said:

We overhauled a boat with the latest in tech featuring jackery's Explorer 2000 Solar generator!

Thanks to Jackery for sponsoring today's video! Get 10% off all Jackery products on thier website with code LinusTechTips: https://www.jackery.com?aff=27

Loved this "out of the box" episode!!!

• 3 months later...

Excellent video; I would also like to fix my dad's old boat. For me, these are the most personal and warmest memories of my father, when as a child, we sat together with him, and he told my brother and me about how everything works in his old boat. Now I understand how much my father was attached to this and how much he loved it and wanted to pass it on to his children. Now I sometimes rent some vessels on vistayachts.com, and I'm saving up for a personal boat to do it on my own like my father and not spend money on renting large yachts. You have plunged me into memories, which I am very grateful for