Need Big Help For a $1115 Worth of A Gaming Build

Go to solution Solved by Dragonzeanse,

You could always use Logical Increments. They have a tiered PC parts list for the Philippines. It's a good guide to help you get started. Change the parts as you see fit. For the Arma games, you might favor an unlocked CPU and Z87 motherboard, so that you can overclock an i5-4670K later on to get better performance. Could be useful in the future, too.

I won't give you a PCPartPicker build because they don't have a Filipino variant yet. But some parts you might want to consider:

• CPU: Intel i5-4670K (AMD FX-8350 would work if you overclock)
  • CPU Cooler: Pretty much anything except the stock cooler
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H or MSI Z87-G55
  • Video Card: GTX 770 or R9 280X; try to get EVGA, Asus, or MSI.
  • Storage: 240-256 GB SSD and 2 TB hard drive (Crucial M500 and WD Green are a good combo)
  • Power Supply: 600-750w, rated 80+ Bronze; try Seasonic, Corsair, XFX, Silverstone, or Antec.
  • Case: BitFenix Shinobi, Corsair 300R, or NZXT Tempest 410

Rest is up to you.

Guys,can you please help me i currently have a budget for a pc which costs $1115 and i want a gaming pc that would be able to max out Arma 2 And 3 Even all the Military/Army Simulators can u guys help me and PLEASE MAKE IT A BLUE COLOR SCHEMED PC thanks guys for helping me i really need help im having troubles and its just the main PC not the Speakers,Mice,Keyboards,and Stuff and please guys help me i really need help thanks again,and please pick NVIDIA since i do trust them more than Radeon/AMD. (and please pick for me here http://dynaquestpc.com/ i wont be able to buy anywhere else but in this shop since its the nearest in my hometown) and im not a fan of overclocking so i dont want overclocked stuff because i do long gaming sessions and sometimes forget to put it to the base clock and i break the stuff i overclocked. (and please include a PC Case and i dont use SSD's)

1 Dollar = 45 Philippine Pesos,P Stands For Philippine Pesos.

if you want to play arma games i recommend intel cpu's.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

for open world games like ARMA you really want a SSD for that game, since it will reduce pop ins and make LOD load faster :)   (atleast in general in those kinds of games)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

if you want to play arma games i recommend intel cpu's.

The second get FX series are just a hair under the i series so once you OC then there's pretty much no difference.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

The second get FX series are just a hair under the i series so once you OC then there's pretty much no difference.

yes there is. you can oc how much you want for single threaded games intel wins at stock vs oc fx. even an i3 is better than the 8 core

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3mt47

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3mt47/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($227.99 @ NCIX US) 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($35.98 @ Newegg) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($152.99 @ NCIX US) 

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($72.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($57.99 @ NCIX US) 

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card  ($319.99 @ Amazon) 

Case: Corsair Carbide Series 300R Windowed ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ NCIX US) 

Power Supply: Corsair RM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.98 @ OutletPC) 

Total: $1116.89

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-05 13:51 EDT-0400)

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

You could always use Logical Increments. They have a tiered PC parts list for the Philippines. It's a good guide to help you get started. Change the parts as you see fit. For the Arma games, you might favor an unlocked CPU and Z87 motherboard, so that you can overclock an i5-4670K later on to get better performance. Could be useful in the future, too.

I won't give you a PCPartPicker build because they don't have a Filipino variant yet. But some parts you might want to consider:

• Storage: 240-256 GB SSD and 2 TB hard drive (Crucial M500 and WD Green are a good combo)
  • Power Supply: 600-750w, rated 80+ Bronze; try Seasonic, Corsair, XFX, Silverstone, or Antec.

Rest is up to you.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Rest is up to you.

which do you think is better? AMD Cards Or NVIDIA Cards? because im having a bit of trouble on picking

EDIT:The Motherboard u chose wasnt on the shop where im supposed to buy and i picked an Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP instead of a D3H

which do you think is better? AMD Cards Or NVIDIA Cards? because im having a bit of trouble on picking

Neither is "better," it just depends on which game is optimized for which platform. In many benchmarks, the R9 280X reigns superior, and in some, the GTX 770 is better. Just get whatever is available to you for a better price.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510