Well My RX 5700XT I Got As a RMA Upgrade From a 5600XT Died After 3 Day Of Uses

TankBall

i even got it on video to GTA Online of all games killed the card. the real kicker is i was in the clouds!!!!!!!!!!! wait for a heist to start. u can skip to 17 mins to see when the card just dies on me. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6WBseKwfqU&t=1007

ive now gone though three 5,000 series GPUs from AMD. my first two was a XFX 5600XT and then a powercolor 5600XT, now its powercolor 5700XT that powercolor themselfs upgraded me that shat the bed. r the 5,000 GPUs just doomed to be cursed? my RX580 at the least still works. but man this sucks a big one. 

3 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Jesus. Sounds like your MOBO or PSU is killing your cards...

if it was something like that then my RX580 should be long died. yet is still works and its a ebay used 580 at that

either you just got really unlucky or something else is causing the issue.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

42 minutes ago, TankBall said:

if it was something like that then my RX580 should be long died. yet is still works and its a ebay used 580 at that

Not necessarily. 580 doesn't draw as much juice as all of the other cards you said failed. What PSU do you have?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

What PSU do you have

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

2 hours ago, TankBall said:

i even got it on video to GTA Online of all games killed the card. the real kicker is i was in the clouds!!!!!!!!!!! wait for a heist to start. u can skip to 17 mins to see when the card just dies on me. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6WBseKwfqU&t=1007

ive now gone though three 5,000 series GPUs from AMD. my first two was a XFX 5600XT and then a powercolor 5600XT, now its powercolor 5700XT that powercolor themselfs upgraded me that shat the bed. r the 5,000 GPUs just doomed to be cursed? my RX580 at the least still works. but man this sucks a big one. 

What power supply are you using?

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

650W witch is 50W more then what the 5700XT needs

10 minutes ago, TankBall said:

650W

Meaningless. Do you know how many "650W" PSU's there are? Need make and model. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

15 minutes ago, TankBall said:

650W witch is 50W more then what the 5700XT needs

Cool, thanks for the info

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

14 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Meaningless. Do you know how many "650W" PSU's there are? Need make and model. 

Thermaltake 650W. i know its not my PSU. 

8 minutes ago, TankBall said:

Thermaltake 650W. i know its not my PSU. 

There are roughly a half dozen different Thermaltake 650W units, just from a quick look at Amazon, and that's only counting the ones currently being sold.

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

There are roughly a half dozen different Thermaltake 650W units, just from a quick look at Amazon, and that's only counting the ones currently being sold.

I give up, this person is super confrontational. Try to help them out and get these responses, I'm done trying 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

1 minute ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

I give up, this person is super confrontational. Try to help them out and get these responses, I'm done trying 

no its the way forums work when u copy and past. my PSU is not even a year old. if it was the PSU i would still be having problems and im not. something about AMD 5,000 cards r just cursed. just google any 5,000 card from AMD and u would see alot of posts on reddit and what not of ppl having there cards shat the bed

1 minute ago, TankBall said:

no its the way forums work when u copy and past. my PSU is not even a year old. if it was the PSU i would still be having problems and im not. something about AMD 5,000 cards r just cursed. just google any 5,000 card from AMD and u would see alot of posts on reddit and what not of ppl having there cards shat the bed

You don't actually know what model PSU you have, do you?

No matter. Since you know so clearly what the problem isn't when people make suggestions, looks like you're left to figure out what the problem is on your own. Unless you're just going to go with the "curse" theory. Sounds very scientific. Of course, that makes this thread sort of pointless for discussion, makes it more of a rant really. 

20 minutes ago, Middcore said:

You don't actually know what model PSU you have, do you?

No matter. Since you know so clearly what the problem isn't when people make suggestions, looks like you're left to figure out what the problem is on your own. Unless you're just going to go with the "curse" theory. Sounds very scientific. Of course, that makes this thread sort of pointless for discussion, makes it more of a rant really. 

the box is here. 0724210111.thumb.jpg.ee573800d7439f7766b7371cb4b8386a.jpg

0724210111_HDR.thumb.jpg.4df8ea8b75d86f568ab6e7d4d3d94f8f.jpg

it looks like i have a 600W and not a 650W. the card on there site says it needs a 650W so im 50W shot. 

so they how is it that i can play RE8 and Cyberpunk 2077 and MAX setting 1080p for hours and GTA 5 a game from 2015 kills the card. 

also answer me this. my first 5600XT was from XFX it needs a 450W PSU, that one died... next if my powercolor 5600XT it needs a 500W PSU and it also died. now the 5700XT from powercolor died as u saw in the video. u cant say i was using to much power cuz i was in the clouds waiting a heist to start. in the cloud its not that demanding. answer that. also my sapphire rx 580 pulse needs a 500W PSU. so mind telling me how its my PSU?

3 hours ago, TankBall said:

also answer me this. my first 5600XT was from XFX it needs a 450W PSU, that one died... next if my powercolor 5600XT it needs a 500W PSU and it also died. now the 5700XT from powercolor died as u saw in the video. u cant say i was using to much power cuz i was in the clouds waiting a heist to start. in the cloud its not that demanding. answer that. also my sapphire rx 580 pulse needs a 500W PSU. so mind telling me how its my PSU?

The thing is, IF you're using the same PSU when all these cards die, there could be a connection as NOT all PSU are of good quality even though they may be made under a known brand. For example, Corsair alone has the AX, HX, RM, RMx, SF, CX and CV series and these are in different tiers of reliability and power, so @Middcore was right to query you on exact model. Also, one has to account for whether airflow is good within the case as constant overheating is an issue which can kill a card. I've had some cards die on me throughout the year, but these weren't PSU related as I've always subscribe to the philosophy of using OP'ed and good quality PSUs, like the HX 1000W Plat Ed PSU I'm using for my main rig.

Likewise, I've had two Gigabyte RX 64 Gaming OC die on me a year or so back, not at the same time, and they were in CF mode with a Seasonic X-1250 PSU which has more than enough power. The first card totally died, no post at all, but the 2nd card can get me to desktop, but the moment I engage any game, it'd refuse to run. My Vega64 Red Devil was in use for just a couple of months when it decided to kick the bucket. Fortunately, it was still covered with warranty and I was able to RMA it. Been running like a champ in my 2nd rig (with the Seasonic X-1250 PSU I might add), since I'd gotten it back from RMA beginning of August, 2019.

So, my conclusion was that the PSU was not the factor that contributed to the death of my GB Vega64's, rather, GB VEGA64's had bad coolers which did the cool the cards sufficiently (the 2nd card at bottom was first to die) and that when it comes to AMD GPU's, it's PowerColor/Sapphire/XFX or bust!

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

4 hours ago, TankBall said:

how its my PSU?

Given its a pretty poor group regulated unit, it wouldnt be a suprise if it was the culprit when it came to taking out cards. Granted its doing it a bit faster than what i would expect. 

The issue is not wattage, you could use a lower wattage unit and be fine, issue is how good the powersupply is, and what its actually outputting to the hardware. 

So either very unlucky, or something else, like the PSU is causing it