Could somebody identify what this is

mvitkun

I need help identifying the parts boxed in black to the right.

And if possible find another photo of that part of the videocard from a different angle.

Please understand, I don't need to know which videocard it is, just those individual parts of the videocard.

5R5NTPf.jpg
Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I need help identifying the parts boxed in black to the right.

And if possible find another photo of that part of the videocard from a different angle.

Please understand, I don't need to know which videocard it is, just those individual parts of the videocard.

4iUI88a.jpg

i think its a NVIDIA Tegra one

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Its a ASUS GTX570 DirectCU II ENGTX570

ASUS_570_board.jpg

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Its a ASUS GTX570 DirectCU II ENGTX570

ASUS_570_board.jpg

Nope, the card on the picture doesn't ahve that heatsink next to the pcb

i think its a NVIDIA Tegra one

First off it's an Asus GTX 560 ti 448 Dcii.

Second I made sure to clarify beyond a doubt that I was not looking to find out what the graphics card was,but rather the parts that were highlighted in a black box in the upper right hand corner.

Its a ASUS GTX570 DirectCU II ENGTX570
ASUS_570_board.jpg

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

Thats because in your picture the black heatsink has been removed. 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

First off it's an Asus GTX 560 ti 448 Dcii.

Second I made sure to clarify beyond a doubt that I was not looking to find out what the graphics card was,but rather the parts that were highlighted in a black box in the upper right hand corner.

aha i thought you did not know what is was:D

Dont be so angry:(

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

aha i thought you did not know what is was:D

Dont be so angry:(

I'm not.

I just made it clear that I wanted to name of the part on the pcb not the graphics card name, made sure to clarify it beyond a doubt...and then get 3 replies telling me what graphics card it is....3 replies which were incorrect at that.

Linus Sebastian said:

I'm not.

I just made it clear that I wanted to name of the part on the pcb not the graphics card name, made sure to clarify it beyond a doubt...and then get 3 replies telling me what graphics card it is....3 replies which were incorrect at that.

My mistake i just noticed it said GTX560 at the top. Also if you view the image and right click and press "S" it will reverse image search (chrome only)

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/asus/gtx_560_ti_448_cores_directcu_ii/3.html

My mistake i just noticed it said GTX560 at the top. Also if you view the image and right click and press "S" it will reverse image search (chrome only)

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/asus/gtx_560_ti_448_cores_directcu_ii/3.html

It really doesn't matter, I'm not looking for the name of the graphics card.

I want to know what these are.

5R5NTPf.jpg
Linus Sebastian said:

Is there something on the back of the PCB that might be what they're for?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Is there something on the back of the PCB that might be what they're for?

take a look for yourself,all I see are golden studs where those ____s are soldered.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GTX_560_Ti_448_Cores_DirectCU_II/images/back_full.jpg

Trying to figure out what they are and how they look from different angles so I can more accurately model them.

Making my own rendition of the card.

2msfYHZ.jpg

Linus Sebastian said:

Maybe something was meant to go there on one of the higher end cards, but it wasn't implemented on this one? That's all I can think of.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Hmm.. it really doesn't look  like they are components, maybe they are metal spots to read voltages with a multimeter?

The positioning is not fit to solder components on them either.  Maybe they could solder something in the central part of the red square on the right, but the ones on the left are not meant to solder.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Hmm.. it really doesn't look  like they are components, maybe they are metal spots to read voltages with a multimeter?

The positioning is not fit to solder components on them either.  Maybe they could solder something in the central part of the red square on the right, but the ones on the left are not meant to solder.

voltage check points sounds about right, and it'd make sense for a high end card.

ty for the reply.

Wish I could have a definitive answer, although voltage checkpoints does seem highly likely.

Linus Sebastian said: