NEED HELP WITH INSTALLING FANS PLEASE

BLT_Sharpies

I have a Corsair 120t rgb case and I'm trying to install sp120 rgb pro fans and the are so freaking hard to put in. Please help! The screws are stripping and I could only get 1 screw in!

Just now, BLT_Sharpies said:

I have a Corsair 120t rgb case and I'm trying to install sp120 rgb pro fans and the are so freaking hard to put in. Please help! The screws are stripping and I could only get 1 screw in!

I mean 220t

Just now, DexterSmythe said:

What screws are you trying to use for the fan?

The ones that came with the fans and the case.

1 minute ago, BLT_Sharpies said:

The ones that came with the fans and the case.

Okay. My recommendation would be to make sure you're straight with the fan and put a lot of downward pressure into it. Make sure you're using a PH2 bit. You are basically cutting threads into the fan plastic, so it will take some force.

Edit: those are the correct screws.

Okay. My recommendation would be to make sure you're straight with the fan and put a lot of downward pressure into it. Make sure you're using a PH2 bit. You are basically cutting threads into the fan plastic, so it will take some force.

Is this ph2?

image.jpg

I'm using as much force as I can lol

2 minutes ago, BLT_Sharpies said:

I'm using as much force as I can lol

I can't tell is it's PH2 from the picture. When you hold a screw in the bit can it move at all?

I can't tell is it's PH2 from the picture. When you hold a screw in the bit can it move at all?

Nope

1 minute ago, BLT_Sharpies said:

Nope

That's really strange then. Maybe they're really poor quality screws or the screwdriver bit could be warn out.

You could just buy some rubber vibration dampening connector thingies (not sure on the proper name) - easy to install with the advantage of some noise reduction.

If not though, be sure your screwdriver is an appropriate size, and it can take a bit of force to screw these into fans.

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted
Cooled by a crap load of Noctua fans and Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT

5 minutes ago, DexterSmythe said:

That's really strange then. Maybe they're really poor quality screws or the screwdriver bit could be warn out.

I used another screw driver and it worked tysm