Android Space

redflagrun1776

This is my 3 to 4 time refurbishing my phone and while I been on Google Play I have installed Opera Light Browser an 1.1.1.1 an 2 other apps I can't remember.

Then I get a message saying my space is running low I look at photos an video because I hardly save any photos or videos on my phone because of space an it seem to be

that there was a video that was 300 MB but not close enough to take that much space off my phone. I looked at the ram an it was taking a lot more space from my hard drive should this be possible.

Does not make sense could someone please help because am mind blown about this

12 minutes ago, redflagrun1776 said:

This is my 3 to 4 time refurbishing my phone and while I been on Google Play I have installed Opera Light Browser an 1.1.1.1 an 2 other apps I can't remember.

Then I get a message saying my space is running low I look at photos an video because I hardly save any photos or videos on my phone because of space an it seem to be

that there was a video that was 300 MB but not close enough to take that much space off my phone. I looked at the ram an it was taking a lot more space from my hard drive should this be possible.

Does not make sense could someone please help because am mind blown about this

What's the storage capacity of your phone? Surving in the Modern world with less than 16gb of storage is impossible

22 hours ago, WickedThunder86 said:

What's the storage capacity of your phone? Surving in the Modern world with less than 16gb of storage is impossible

Ya Am Getting That Felling Thank's 

23 hours ago, redflagrun1776 said:

Ya Am Getting That Felling Thank's 

Also keep in mind the storage space on your phone isn't usable for everything. So even if you have 128 GB of storage, that doesn't mean all 128 GB of space is available for you install apps too.  That 128 GB will be partitioned, some will be for your data, some for your apps, some system. This is the reason devices with less memory will give a storage warning after installing apps even though it seems like they still have "free space".

Older devices like that are supported by the community with custom ROMs tend to resize partitions as newer versions of Android come out. The Nexus 7 (2013 version) is a good example of this. To run Android 11 on it, it's partitions must be resized to have enough room for everything.