Looking for a new office/gaming chair

Cris.py

No, I am not looking for a chinese 30eur "gaming" chair!

So, I have been thinking about a new chair for quite some time as my old office chair is kinda not comfortable, but it did last great (it's like 7y old 50eur chair and still in once piece!). Anyhow, really time for an upgrade for sure.

What I am looking for is a decent chair in 300 - 500 eur range that is comfortable for whole day sitting (like idk 12h/day). Clearly in EU. I'm pretty tall but not to heavy so some mid size should do fine.

I noticed SecretLab is now in EU, I quite like the design (note design is nice, but not the most important factor!), but I'm not sure how much better their chairs are from the usual "gaming" chair. All reviews are clearly sponsored so yea ...

Any proposals what to look for in EU, most decent chairs I find are either USA only (not paying for shipping on that lol) or super expensive so what to look for in EU in that price range? Any help appreciated.

My stance has always been and will always be: never buy any chair without sitting in it first.

Go to an office supply store in your area and any PC store that sells chairs and sit in what they have and then base your purchase on what fits you.

I know someone who bought a Herman Miller Embody (a $1600 chair) and they hated it, couldn't return it since it wasn't defective.

people's butts are different.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 minutes ago, Arika S said:

I know someone who bought a Herman Miller Embody (a $1600 chair) and they hated it

Now thats alotta wasted money

6 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Go to an office supply store in your area and any PC store that sells chairs and sit in what they have and then base your purchase on what fits you.

Yep

To know if a chair is gonna be comfortable youll have to sit on it, not just have someone tell you that the chair is comfortable

I have a Secret Lab titan xl.  Although well built it started to hurt my ass and hips as the seat is very hard, to me at least.  I bought a purple chair cushion to help somewhat.  

9 minutes ago, Arika S said:

My stance has always been and will always be: never buy any chair without sitting in it first.

I know someone who bought a Herman Miller Embody (a $1600 chair) and they hated it, couldn't return it since it wasn't defective.

people's butts are different.

My options are Ikea and Jysk (where I got the 50eur chair) and 30 eur chinese gaming chairs in random PC stores. So no, not really an option sadly. As I said, I need some ideas where to even look for starters 🙂 

I mean, I did find one office supply store with great chairs but they are WAAAAAY over budget. Like Herman Miller level.