[HELP] Exact Same memory kit, two different IC's, two different PCB's

Spectrox_

I bought some memory sticks 2x8 last year, they had hiyninx CJR IC’s and I just got a new pair of the same model and I got unlucky with Samsung c die (They have the exact same model number) Turns out they also have different PCB's A0 pcb and A2; It won’t even run default/auto xmp At 3200 cl 16-18-18-38 Seems as though the manufacturers cheaped out. I got it running at 2800mhz cl16 but I’m getting over 80ns

Up-volting it to 1.5v 3000mhz doesn't work, it causes too many errors and crashes.

All the timings are the same, everything. It’s really unhappy there’s two different IC’s.

Is there anything I can do?

Return those and try your luck with another kit. Don't try to buy the same model now, you might get the same batch, go for a different model or wait a bit.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

6 minutes ago, igormp said:

Return those and try your luck with another kit. Don't try to buy the same model now, you might get the same batch, go for a different model or wait a bit.

It really sucks how purchasing memory is a game of chance. Thank you though

I ran 16gb c-die 3600 cl18, it can do 3200 cl16 with no sweat.

can run 4000 with auto, but timings are bad.

Depends on your CPU, with 2600x can only do 3433 max, now i'm on 3600.

c-die not a bad ic, just not that good compared to d-die and obviously bdie.

not bad especially i got it from a bare oem $50 samsung modules.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

5 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

I ran 16gb c-die 3600 cl18, it can do 3200 cl16 with no sweat.

can run 4000 with auto, but timings are bad.

Depends on your CPU, with 2600x can only do 3433 max, now i'm on 3600.

c-die not a bad ic, just not that good compared to d-die and obviously bdie.

not bad especially i got it from a bare oem $50 samsung modules.

See it can run that in a 2x8 configuration yes, but it's the fact that there's two different IC's and PCB's from both kits (they're the same model) they wont run a 2x2x8

sell it and get a proper no heatsink samsung c-die modules to pair with the other c-die.

the stamp on the chip won't lie.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

29 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

sell it and get a proper no heatsink samsung c-die modules to pair with the other c-die.

the stamp on the chip won't lie.

Why would anyone do that especially when I could just ask the manufacturer to send me sticks with Hynix CJR modules?

Hey they can do it go ahead. Do you get to choose?

Guarantee the same chip is not their responsibility btw.

10 hours ago, Spectrox_ said:

It really sucks how purchasing memory is a game of chance. Thank you though

it kinda is and it kinda isnt…

if you do the research you *can* get exactly the RAM you want. Of course one issue is you already bought the other kit and theres no guarantee they still produce exactly those - although you can ask the manufacturer of course, i see no harm in that.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

27 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

it kinda is and it kinda isnt…

if you do the research you *can* get exactly the RAM you want. Of course one issue is you already bought the other kit and theres no guarantee they still produce exactly those - although you can ask the manufacturer of course, i see no harm in that.

So I sent an Inquiry to the manufacturer in the desperate hope they'll be alright with doing a trade. Essentially the c-die ic's I got aren't broken, they will run base xmp speeds in a 2x8 configuration at it's default clock; it's just it wont with a 2x2x8 config with two clashing ic's and PCB configurations, so I'm hoping they'll send me the Hynix CJR model with the A0 PCB configuration to match my older pair.

I don't have my hopes up but like you said, there's no harm in asking.