Does anone here have anti-glare film on their TV?

I'v recently bought quite nice 55 inch LCD TV but I'm having trouble with reflections on the glossy surface of the panel. Literaly nobody makes matte TVs anymore, I know it's because of the grey-out but I honestly don't care about perfect black levels, not on LCD anyways. So I did some searching and found that there are anti glare films that you can buy and stick on your TV. Does anybody here have one and if yes, what is your experience with it and can you post photo of it? I've also seen that many of them have adhesive strip around the edge and it looks quite ugly, would it be possible to order larger variant, cut it to size and apply it without any glue, just like screen protector for your phone?

19 minutes ago, Woyta94 said:

I'v recently bought quite nice 55 inch LCD TV but I'm having trouble with reflections on the glossy surface of the panel. Literaly nobody makes matte TVs anymore, I know it's because of the grey-out but I honestly don't care about perfect black levels, not on LCD anyways. So I did some searching and found that there are anti glare films that you can buy and stick on your TV. Does anybody here have one and if yes, what is your experience with it and can you post photo of it?

Not on my TV, but its on one of my old ass HP laptop. Its just like applying screen protector on a phone but with a bigger work area. you need a lot of lubricants and a way to remove the lint (i use high quality, clean releasing clear tape), and stick it slowly but surely.

You can cut it yourself, but do be noted in that case the tolerance is in your responsibility rather than the manufacturer.

20210715_171600.thumb.jpg.912dec5749453591a328d6d099a74d25.jpg

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.