I've done something really stupid.

Hi,

I have this H310M Gigabyte. I disabled CSM support and Enabled Secure boot.

After that CPU turns ON but no Display output. Tried from my RX 570 and Onboard HDMI. What to do pls help ?

Also tried clearing CMOS and also removed and added the CMOS battery.

39 minutes ago, SladeDJWilson said:

Hi,

I have this H310M Gigabyte. I disabled CSM support and Enabled Secure boot.

After that CPU turns ON but no Display output. Tried from my RX 570 and Onboard HDMI. What to do pls help ?

Also tried clearing CMOS and also removed and added the CMOS battery.

People might need hardware specs for this one.  H motherboard means you’re running intel so there is probably an iGPU. Are you running video off discrete video or using the iGPU? 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

People might need hardware specs for this one.  H motherboard means you’re running intel so there is probably an iGPU. Are you running video off discrete video or using the iGPU? 

it's a i3 9100F doesn't have IGPU

Edited by SladeDJWilson
Wrong CPU name

Enabling/disabling these shouldn't have any effect on your graphic output.
If anything, it would prevent you from booting into windows and you'd have to reinstall it.

Can you see the BIOS's POST screen at all? Or does the screen stay black the entire time? Can you enter the bios by pressing the DEL key repeatedly on boot ?

Did this computer ever boot into the OS before or is this a fresh new build that you've never tested previously?

When you tried clearing the cmos, was the computer still plugged into the wall ? How long did you wait after removing the battery?

52 minutes ago, SladeDJWilson said:

it's a i3 9100 doesn't have IGPU

The i3 9100 does have an iGPU according to the specs

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/134870/intel-core-i3-9100-processor-6m-cache-up-to-4-20-ghz.html
image.png.1b1620eb7e3d6da27a75ab6bbd08472d.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

33 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Enabling/disabling these shouldn't have any effect on your graphic output.
If anything, it would prevent you from booting into windows and you'd have to reinstall it.

Can you see the BIOS's POST screen at all? Or does the screen stay black the entire time? Can you enter the bios by pressing the DEL key repeatedly on boot ?

Did this computer ever boot into the OS before or is this a fresh new build that you've never tested previously?

When you tried clearing the cmos, was the computer still plugged into the wall ? How long did you wait after removing the battery?

The i3 9100 does have an iGPU according to the specs

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/134870/intel-core-i3-9100-processor-6m-cache-up-to-4-20-ghz.html
image.png.1b1620eb7e3d6da27a75ab6bbd08472d.png

Sorry it's a 9100F I did not realise that a 9100 even existed.

It's a 2 years old PC.

No I don't see the BIOS post screen. It is black.

It was working perfectly. Until I screwed things up.

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Found a possible cause: CSM and/or Secure boot could be incompatible with the RX 570 card. AMD made some mistakes in the firmware on the GPU a few years ago, around the launch of this card.

So you could try 1 of 3 things:
1. Clear CMOS again to get into bios. Look into the manual and follow it step by step.
2. Take out the GPU and put in something else to get to the bios.

3. Take your GPU out and put it into some other PC and update the Vbios on the GPU; AMD had some fixed Vbios versions for some cards. It may then become compatible with your current settings, but thats a bit of a long shot...