Wireless mouse advise (have some models)

Hi

I have g603 currently but from the very beginning it had scroll issue where it was stopping to work. At first it was replaced but after a while the symptoms were there again. I tried to fight with it based on similar issues found on net but yesterday I finally said "that's it". 😉

I see that there are much more wireless gaming options there than when G603 came out. That's why I need advise. I can read specifications for myself but it's harder to get durability and stability info. At the moment I'm considering:

• Logitech G305 - was recommended to me by some user on reddit. I didn't yet have time to read and watch anything about it but I'm little bit afraid of anything from Logitech at the moment...especially when their soft isn't too stable. 😛
  • Steelseries Aerox 3 Wireless - I have little concerns about having holes in the case...What about dust and things like that?
  • Glorious Model O Wireless - the same as above.
  • Pwnage Ultra Custom Wireless Symm 2 (solid sides) - it's probably impossible for me to buy it because I'm looking for something that would be available in Poland or at most in EU.
  • Dell Alienware 610M - my wife suggested this, she doesn't like honeycomb designs. 😉

I had also Logitech Pro X Superlight on this list but as it turns out it's horribly expensive...

At the moment I like Steelseries and Glorious for a little bit different reasons. I had Sensei long time ago and was happy with it so here is nostalgia. Glorious on the other hand have this PC and joke vibe because of their name and what it's based of. 😉

The list isn't closed so if there's anything that I could add to it please tell me. My expectations are really low in this case - all I want is as long battery life as possible from device that is cantered at gaming. That was the reason I choose G603. I don't care too much about weight. G603 with two AAs is quite heavy and it doesn't bother me.

Oh and BTW - I will change feet to ceramic eventually whatever I'll choose. 😛

Edit: Added Dell Alienware 610M by my wife's suggestion.

꧁╭⊱́𝕀́ ̖𝕕̨̖𝕠̨ ͗𝕨̨͗𝕖̨̖𝕓̖̞𝕤̨̞𝕚̨͐𝕥͐́𝕖̨́𝕤̨⊱╮꧂

¨˜ˆ”°¹~·-.„¸(͡o‿O͡)¸„.-·~¹°”ˆ˜¨

56 minutes ago, Draghmar said:

Hi

I have g603 currently but from the very beginning it had scroll issue where it was stopping to work. At first it was replaced but after a while the symptoms were there again. I tried to fight with it based on similar issues found on net but yesterday I finally said "that's it". 😉

I see that there are much more wireless gaming options there than when G603 came out. That's why I need advise. I can read specifications for myself but it's harder to get durability and stability info. At the moment I'm considering:

• Logitech G305 - was recommended to me by some user on reddit. I didn't yet have time to read and watch anything about it but I'm little bit afraid of anything from Logitech at the moment...especially when their soft isn't too stable. 😛
  • Steelseries Aerox 3 Wireless - I have little concerns about having holes in the case...What about dust and things like that?
  • Glorious Model O Wireless - the same as above.
  • Pwnage Ultra Custom Wireless Symm 2 (solid sides) - it's probably impossible for me to buy it because I'm looking for something that would be available in Poland or at most in EU.

I had also Logitech Pro X Superlight on this list but as it turns out it's horribly expensive...

At the moment I like Steelseries and Glorious for a little bit different reasons. I had Sensei long time ago and was happy with it so here is nostalgia. Glorious on the other hand have this PC and joke vibe because of their name and what it's based of. 😉

The list isn't closed so if there's anything that I could add to it please tell me. My expectations are really low in this case - all I want is as long battery life as possible from device that is cantered at gaming. That was the reason I choose G603. I don't care too much about weight. G603 with two AAs is quite heavy and it doesn't bother me.

Oh and BTW - I will change feet to ceramic eventually whatever I'll choose. 😛

Perhaps not super useful, but there isn’t a whole lot to a modern wireless mouse mechanically.  There’s the sensor, the communication radio, which are more or less it’s own part or parts, the buttons, the shell, the battery cover, and the feet.  Most of that stuff is personal preference.  Buttons seem to be the thing that wears out, and it’s the spring  on the button or the feet that wear out first.  I bought a few mice with plastic springs for the buttons and it did not go well. Feet are just subject to friction wear though so with them it’s can you get new ones, how much do they cost, and how difficult are they to put on. I haven’t dealt with a lot of mouse batteries as I generally prefer wired, but if you break a battery cover it can be a problem.  The battery cover, the feet and the springs for the buttons are going to be I think the parts that don’t show up on a spec sheet that define how long a thing will last before breaking.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

The battery cover, the feet and the springs for the buttons are going to be I think the parts that don’t show up on a spec sheet that define how long a thing will last before breaking.

What do you mean by battery cover? The housing where there battery is stored? Or the thing that battery itself is wrapped with?

I know that battery will wear out. That is something G305 is better at because there's actually normal battery there so it's easy to replace it. But even if it's some weird battery I'm not afraid of replacing with something else. 😉

I had Razer DeathAdder long time ago - there was a problem with button actually which forced me to replace it. Anyway I know it may be the problem but I'm more afraid of wheel because it something that I feel is harder to repair on my own and it's something that use a lot.

What I'm looking for with my post is general guidance because I'm at that point where I have nothing to push me in either direction. Also for some experience. For example I've manage to find disturbing info that Logitech Pro or Pro X (don't remember now) have issue with double click. I've seen also that Pro X Superlight may have issue with wheel after longer period of time where it starts to sound differently, like scribbling sound.

Thanks for your suggestions! 🙂

2 hours ago, Draghmar said:

What do you mean by battery cover? The housing where there battery is stored? Or the thing that battery itself is wrapped with?

I know that battery will wear out. That is something G305 is better at because there's actually normal battery there so it's easy to replace it. But even if it's some weird battery I'm not afraid of replacing with something else. 😉

I had Razer DeathAdder long time ago - there was a problem with button actually which forced me to replace it. Anyway I know it may be the problem but I'm more afraid of wheel because it something that I feel is harder to repair on my own and it's something that use a lot.

What I'm looking for with my post is general guidance because I'm at that point where I have nothing to push me in either direction. Also for some experience. For example I've manage to find disturbing info that Logitech Pro or Pro X (don't remember now) have issue with double click. I've seen also that Pro X Superlight may have issue with wheel after longer period of time where it starts to sound differently, like scribbling sound.

Thanks for your suggestions! 🙂

By battery cover I meant the plastic bit that covers the battery port.  Tends to have a set of flexible plastic catches.  They can wear or break, and if you’re using non rechargeable batteries it’s going to get used a bunch.  If you have a rechargeable battery that has to be removed to charge you may use it even more.  Some mice will wirelessly charge a battery when not in use.  For those it won’t matter.  You can use a Qi puck which are dirt cheap or use a special mouse mat which generally isn’t.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

By battery cover I meant the plastic bit that covers the battery port.  Tends to have a set of flexible plastic catches.  They can wear or break, and if you’re using non rechargeable batteries it’s going to get used a bunch.  If you have a rechargeable battery that has to be removed to charge you may use it even more.  Some mice will wirelessly charge a battery when not in use.  For those it won’t matter.  You can use a Qi puck which are dirt cheap or use a special mouse mat which generally isn’t.

Oh, that's a good point. I wonder how much it can cause a problem...But still, my brother is good at soldering so I'm pretty sure he will be able to replace some port if there's going to be need for that. 😉 But overall this gives type C connector a little bit of edge here.

I don't think there are any mice within the budget I'm looking at that have wireless charging, so no worries there. 😉