Overview: EVGA 750 G2 /w NEX650G

Short Introduction

This is a short overview over the EVGA 750 G2 since i couldn't find anything about it when i bought my new psu. I got this powersupply after RMAing my NEX650G, also from EVGA. I am currently using my old CX500M. Also, don't tell me that 750 watts is to much wattage, but this unit is not available in lower wattages.
Don't expect any professionalism! I am taking pictures with my D5100 with an Sigma DC 18-125 1:3.8-5.6 HSM.

I apologize for my bad english skills, I am not an native english speaker.

Packaging & accessories

In the box there is included:

- the powersupply packed in nice soft foam.

- a bag the psu is in.

- an manual which i actually really like! nice illustrations and step by step installation guide.- all the modular cables which use different types of twist types which i find weird. on the NEX650G they were held together with velcro strips with an evga logo which i liked more.

- a molex to floppy connector.

- a bag for all the unused cables.

- a power cord. its a power cord. its 1.5 meters long.

- some delicious silica gel.
- a 24 pin jumper. this is quite handy in my opinion, no more paperclips!
- four black screws. in the manual q&a they answer the question why there are more than four screw holes but only four screw holes but there are actully only four screw holes which is a little bit funny.
- four cable management velcro strips.

DSC0945.jpg

OyTmoRR.jpg

Nice looking box!

DSC0950.jpg

Has nothing to do with a powersupply, but hey, why not.

DSC0947.jpg

EVGA logo on the other side.

DSC0952.jpg

Sorry, I already opened it once!

DSC1052.jpg

Nice design in the box!

DSC0969.jpg

80+ Gold is pretty decent.

DSC0988.jpg

The manual for the two psu's.

DSC1051.jpg

hmm!

QnXl53p.jpg

5aBZtU5.jpg

EN1S6gV.jpg

Like to see this!

DSC1030.jpg

Screws. Black screws. Four black screws.

DSC1031.jpg

Black velcro strips, always usefull!

DSC1033.jpg

If you are like me, you have like 37 of these laying around in some corner.

PG2GEnc.jpg

Bags are also always usefull.

The powersupply

I really like the overall look of this powersupply. The finish is very textured and looks great. They rounded the edges and removed the handles from the last generation. They also improved the fan grill which was screwed on the last time which would have probably made it easier to replace the fan but it did look worse. I am also not sure how much airflow this design allows and how much air turbulence it will create.

The modular interface is pretty self-explainatory, looks great and it very functional. I think it uses pretty standard plugs, that means that you could probably buy normal vga connectors, remove the clip and make you own cables from scratch this way.

Also the zero fan mode is great too see, also the switch is pretty handy, but this needs to be tested in the next few days.

DSC1001.jpg

The fan grill. It looks good, but it is not too solid.

DSC1045.jpg

Again the top of the unit. I really like the finish of it!

chcdnHk.jpg

odqH9Dy.jpg

G0KiLMs.jpg

bWz4jE5.jpg

j0kstaR.jpg

mtVJKXg.jpg

DSC0993.jpg

UavbXvm.jpg

DSC0953.jpg

Advertised features. I will have to test the fan once it is in use, i will update the thread then. The fan on my NEX650G was horrible loud.

DSC0954.jpg

Nice to see this on the box, but i think the graph is pretty bad.

The cables

The main reason why i got my 650G was the cables. So is it for my 750G2.

All the cables are black, including the connectors. On the 650G the vga cables were red, I liked it but i think not everybody does so i think this is the better solution. But the cables are not flat, they are sleeved with pretty high-quality sleeving. The heatshrink and the cable ties used below it are not really optimal, but it keeps down cost and doesn't look too bad. 

The advantage of these cables are that they are easier too cable-manage imo and if you want to you can sleeve them yourself later on.

5LbNJhu.jpg

The box the cables come in.

DSC1040.jpg

One of the vga connenctors.

DSC1011.jpg

All the stuff included

DSC1012.jpg

DSC1019.jpg

DSC1016.jpg

This also could be improved.

VovCCnU.jpg

Oh god. Everything should be SATA and ATX.

Gfvs4xU.jpg

Speaking of SATA.

DSC1054.jpg

The sleeving job on the other cables i pretty acceptional but this is not great. Not at all.

DSC1053.jpg

Didn't they have enough sleeve in the factory?! What the fuck.

DSC1020.jpg

Come on, is this necessary?

Mini-Conclusion

This is kind of a mixture between the 650G, the 1300G2 the 1500 Classified and all the other psu's in EVGAs line-up.

I think for around 100€ this i a psu, i would recommend. It is not perfect, but if you need the features it offers it is the psu for you!

If you have any questions on it, ask me i will try to answer them as good as i can!

And: Dear Linus Sebastian, Please review this unit. I would like to know your opinion on this. @LinusTech  :D

uXvs5fq.jpg

Not the best?

It's the best in terms of quality/price. This PSU is based off the leader platform and theyre performing here and there better than Seasonic even.

Kinda have to agree, Linus should unbox this power supply. He's unboxing every new Corsair product when its released, hate that Corsair gets so much attention and such a hype when there are many better options for the price than their products.