120GB SSD Will not initialize.

Tieox
Go to solution Solved by hmph.,

I had this issue with a drive I bought - turned out it had been used before to the point it wouldn't allow any more writes (i assume this was some sore of SSD measure to preserve the data that was on there). I ended up RMAing, if Tieox's suggestion doesn't work I would suggest RMAing too.

I've a pre-owned just delivered 120GB SSD (Palit) and it refuses to initialize, I've been using Diskpart.exe via CMD and the inbuilt WIn11 disk management tool.  It shows up as offering to setup a MBR or GBT table, and lets me select what I wish, then does nothing when you click OK.

I have cleaned the disk, tried another system running Windows 10, used CMD to try and setup either MBR or GBT partitions and the same result? what gives it clearly works? so why can't I bloody initialize it. 

In CMD I get told the following.

image.png.ae6efcac45b43cc09dc6ba663d614f2c.png

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Possibly, was thinking could it be formatted via Mac OSX and that's why WIndows can't see it?

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

I had this issue with a drive I bought - turned out it had been used before to the point it wouldn't allow any more writes (i assume this was some sore of SSD measure to preserve the data that was on there). I ended up RMAing, if Tieox's suggestion doesn't work I would suggest RMAing too.

Try to format and partition it with GParted. This will see if it can be done in a Linux environment.

Found the drive had over 18,000 bad sectors in a 23second scan, called it quits after that.  RMA ticket opened.

Cheers all.